Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
Hey guys,

Just bought and OBD II cable from Hong Kong to make the modifications to as per the guide on CVR4 to enable Datalogging with some of the software on the web. If the cable works with the free software i'll probably end up paying for the EvoScan software as CVR4 people tend to rave about it.

I'll make the modification over the weekend, and want a test pilot who will let me test it on their car next week. I would happily perform this on my own car but it is tucked away in the compliance shop and I can't access it - therefore dont be scared I dont intend to harm your car before mine! LOL

SO: Who wants to meet up with me at lunch time one day during the week here in the city to see if this works?! If so, im happy to share the knowledge as you should be able to end up with a dataloggin cable for ~$20 instead of the approximate $80-90 most places charge ;)

Cheers
Lee

Thanks!

G

Unregistered
hmmm...if the sss was on the road and not broken then id happily volunteer, so i'm out :(

G

Unregistered
ahhh LOL. well count me out, mines still stuck on a boat :p

bogan bob

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Dion
Drive
'15 Amarok
If you can wait a few weeks you can have my car - but you'll prob have your car by then :p

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
Well I didn't get around to do the mod to the cable on the weekend - oh well, had no takers anyway!

G

Unregistered
if you buy the evoscan cable from the evoscan site you dont need to modify anything on the car?

G

Unregistered
u can use mine when it gets here at the end of next month if you want?

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
Phantom - I wont be buying the evoscan cable - it is another brand of cable that just requires a minor modification to the cable, not the car. If it works (which I see no reason why it shouldnt) then it will be about 1/4 the cost of the evoscan cable for us Aussies ;)

Steve - will keep you posted. I MAY end up taking my car from Premium to get some paint/panel work fixed up while waiting for my compliance plate. If that ends up the case, i'll play with my own car ;)

G

Unregistered
Lee see how you go, but if you still need a driving vr4 let me know as I can meet you on the weekend or after work etc

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
Well I hooked up the cable with my purchased EVOScan software, and all I can say is best $46 I've spent! full ECU data logging and can read fuel maps etc,

WOOT!

Please note, if you want to know how, pay the $$ to join Club VR4 as its in the members section - well worth it ;)

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
Well you can use mine one avo if you like - take me for a spin and I'll log for you as you drive (as software is licensed to my laptop)

OR pay the CVR4 fee and don't be a tight A$$!! :p

Dr_Josh001

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Josh
Drive
96 Galant VR-4 Auto
Hey Lee,

Does that give you the ability to change fuel maps, ignition timing or to just log them?
Sounds pretty nifty.:)

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
Unfortunately Lee is correct - the EVO's have the ability to be re-flashed with ECU Edit software, where as our Legnums/Galants do not :(

Top Bottom