Serious Problem! Plz Help

Haggiss

Crunching Gears
First Name
Corey Brazendale
Drive
Legnum VR-4 S2
But the thing is LEGALLY Mitsubishi need to honor their recalls, regardless of age or whereabouts (as long as the car can be taken to a dealer)

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
I've heard the same thing from MMA Kat, they don't want to know about imports for the most part. That's Australians for you though, lazy pricks who want to be paid the world for doing as little as humanly possible (preferably while they're sleeping).

And before anyone gets bent out of shape, I'm just recognising a failure of my own culture. That's not heresy, it's cultural evolution ;)

BTW Gav, you don't need a stealership to get additional keys added to your car. You can't actually code anything on the key itself, you just register up to two keys at a time with the receiver in the car. I've helped five or six members on here add new factory keys to their cars now, it's not particularly difficult.

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
And before anyone gets bent out of shape, I'm just recognising a failure of my own culture. That's not heresy, it's cultural evolution ;)
It has been shown at numerous surveys that Aussies work some of the longest hours in the world. This whole 'slacker Aussie' impression is way off target.

But yes, try ordering parts through Mitsubishi & once you start reading out the VIN;
"6U-"
"Whoa hang on that's an import isn't it ?"
"Yea so?"
"We can't bring those in"
"Why not ?"
"It's an import car."
"It's a Mitsubishi part isn't it? It's in your database yes?"
"Yes, but-"
"No buts, order the damned part, here's my credit card number & I'll pick it up in a week."

cyber_scriber

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Bruce
Drive
2000 Galant; metallic dark blue; manual; Recaros; Momo steering wheel; and sunroof!
I tried this and this is what the Japlish translation came back with:

1. The gear run, concerning the blower fan airflow control control equipment of [regunamu] and [asupaia] the recall 2005/04/12 Work performance end

2. Front suspension of 3 models such as gear run and [regunamu] (the lower arm) concerning the recall 2003/11/20 Work performance end

Based on the above, is it safe to assume that my car has been corrected?

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
2. Front suspension of 3 models such as gear run and [regunamu] (the lower arm) concerning the recall 2003/11/20 Work performance end

Based on the above, is it safe to assume that my car has been corrected?

yeah, but you also need to keep in mind that 'wear n tear' also do come in specially with ball joints if not lubricated periodically..

G

Unregistered
Hey,

Sorry about not saying which side. Its the left.

40387B
40330AL
40330AR

These are the part numbers specified in the diagram that was posted that have failed me.

Kitty's VR4

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Kat
Drive
Legnum, Audi RS6
James

40387B = MU432101 = Nut
40317 = MB808555 = Ball joint
40330AL = MR296295= Arm assembly, FR susp lateral, lower LH
40330AR = MR296296 = Arm assembly, FR susp lateral, lower RH (you don't need this one as its the Right side Arm)

Kitty's VR4

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Kat
Drive
Legnum, Audi RS6
I've heard the same thing from MMA Kat, they don't want to know about imports for the most part. That's Australians for you though, lazy pricks who want to be paid the world for doing as little as humanly possible (preferably while they're sleeping).

Trev, I went to my local dealer here in town, and they sent the VIN# off and about 3 weeks later I received a letter saying all recall work had been completed on my car in 2006 while the car was still in Japan.

Though when I first got the car, I must say the local dealer weren't to helpful and copped a extreme PMS explosion in their showroom, since then they have changed their tune and are very helpful. (probably helped that at the time Nat was negoitiating a new tow vehicle for our van) On first names basis with the parts manager now, mind you after spending 7k on parts I'd want to be too!!!

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
It has been shown at numerous surveys that Aussies work some of the longest hours in the world. This whole 'slacker Aussie' impression is way off target.
Let's not forget, we're talking 'generalisations' here. But having said that, I'd love to see the sources of your 'numerous surveys'. Americans work longer average working weeks and only get two weeks off a year, for a lower average income. Chinese work nearly twice as long per week, with very little workers protection rights. India are worse, South American nations somewhere in between, African nations have the worst human rights track records on the planet.

So compared to what, French, Canadian, Dutch, and Swedish workers, Australians work longer hours? Yea, probably, but 'advanced' European nations like that make up about 10% of the world's population. Compared with people who actually know the meaning of the words 'hard work', Australians have an easy ride, and still want to bitch and moan that they're not getting enough while trying to skive off at the slightest opportunity.

Please understand, I think Australians generally have much better attitudes than plenty of other cultures, but being close to the top of the hill isn't that great if it's an anthill next to a mountain. That is, comparing us against other cultures is a pointless exercise if the ideal is far beyond what any individual nation has managed to achieve as a cultural majority.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled thread topic :)

wesleyong

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Wes
Drive
Lancer wagon 4G93T / 1999 Legnum VR-4
I don't think I'm doing the VIN search right.

Here is my VIN 6U9000EC5W0201274. It's not coming up with much though....

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
You want to use your chassis number which is EC5W0201274 and is on the firewall.

wesleyong

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Wes
Drive
Lancer wagon 4G93T / 1999 Legnum VR-4
bradc = genius

Gallant, LEGNUM for air volume control device of the Aspire Buroafan
Recall 2005/04/12
Outstanding work carried out
Two
Galant, front suspension and three vehicles LEGNUM (lower arm) for
Recall 2003/11/20
Work already carried out
"Outstanding work carried out," For our customers that the items are indeed We apologize for the inconvenience, the company's purchases and sales, please request a free repair or your local sales company. The arrangement of the parts and find it, so thank you 頂きます convenient for us to sell your company in advance.

So if my interpretations are correct, suspension has been done, but the air volume thing hasn't. Now, is this air volume thing the MAF or what?

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
You are correct, it hasn't been done. Basically there is a wire that runs around the passenger footwell area that apparently can be damaged and short circuit if a passenger is extremely rough with kicking the carpet.

G

Unregistered
I think it shorts onto the metal bar that bolts on behind the glove box. I found evidence of (re)soldering having been done there at some stage, so perhaps it was for that recall.

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
hahaha freakin love those ads,

anybody looked into billet lower arms?

G

Unregistered
If it helps, I can most probably get this part (and most others) out of Japan. Have a guy I go through over there that works in Mitsubishi. Get Japanese trade price. Most of the time it ends up lots cheaper. I mostly use this at the moment for FTO parts, but no reason why I cant get the odd Legnum part as well.

The best example I can put forward is the stereo surround in the FTO. Mitsi Australia charge $450 for them . I can buy the part for $95. By the time I pay commissions and postage it ends up at around $185.

Top Bottom