Service notes - Things to look at when getting your VR4 serviced

kiwibstokes

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Bryan
Drive
2000 Legnum Type-S
Ok, my cars booked in on Monday for a full service so i've been through a few threads and gathered information on what to get done and what oils to use etc, so it's all in one handy to find place.

Oil + Filter - Mobil 1, Fully Synth 0w30 or 5w30
(Replace at service's every 5-7,000k or when starts ticking)
AYC Diff
(Replace every 10-20,000k)
Front Diff
Transfer Case
Gearbox (manual) - Castrol VMX
Gearbox (auto) - SPIII
(Replace every 20 - 40,000k)

If there is other things that we should make sure we get done on our vr4's at regular services please post it up. Also any recommendations for certain oils to use and intervals would be great,

Hope the NZ and UK guys can give us some good info to tell our mechanics what to do and with what brands. Cheers

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Great idea Bryan - hopefully with a couple more useful / informative posts this will become a sticky :)

G

Unregistered
The oil in the Diff, It takes a special kind of oil so you have to be carsful of where you take it so that they know waht they are doing. I got my timing Belt checked when i got my Major done, My car has just turned 10 Y.O so i was a bit scared it may have deteriorated

G

Unregistered
Added this thread to the General Questions Index Thread.

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
There is diff oil, atf oil and special mitsi spec ayc oil that goes into the rear. You also need to bleed it and stuff, just easier to get mitsi to do that one!

Top Bottom