Shock Gone?

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
Hey guys, quick question..

I think one of my shocks is gone.. The front right..

When I turn left in to my driveway, the left suspension is silent like usual, but when the right wheel goes up the driveway it's got this solid but crunching type sound..

I've had people look over it, the boots are fine, the suspension itself seems fine.. So we suspect a shock has gone..

If this is the case, whats the usual calling signs? And is it really bad like need to replace it ASAP or we're all going to EXPLODE or something?

snickells

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Anon
Drive
Car
Dude, push down over the shock and see if your car bounces. If you have a lot play, its rooted.

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
Is that expensive?

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
dude, when my front right shock went.. my front lowered itself gradually.. oil was seeping out of the strut.. but didnt bottom out on me or anything..

if your car is making that clunking, solid metallic sound.. i think that is your ball joints..

get your lower control arms checked/replaced if it hasn't been replaced before...

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
Damn! Thanks guys :)

Top Bottom