Lifetime Member
First Name
Robert
Drive
VR-4 Galant 1996 Model
KYB AGX part numbers for the 7G are as follows

Front: 741018
Rear: 741022

from what couple of ebay sellers from US have told me, is that KYB stopped manufacturing AGX for the Galants.. but www.modacar.com has apparently still got them..

also they have the tokico Illumina which are also similar spec to KYB AGX - if not better

Tokico Illumina
Front: TOBU3532
Rear: TOBU3534

let me know if and when you're ordering.. I might order a set too..

Hey mate,
I want to update my shocks to the KYB AGX. Can you confirm if these are a straight swap with standard springs?
cheers
Rob

Zild

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andy
Drive
1998 VR4 Galant
Rob since your in NSW contact MEEK AUTOMOTIVE...they too have replacement shocks for the 8G VR4's....

Hey Aamir, any idea how much?

Edit:

And is anyone able to confirm that 7G shocks will fit a FL Galant? :confused:

rbrtpalin

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Robert
Drive
VR-4 Galant 1996 Model
Hi all.
Thought id pop my 2 cents worth in.
I managed to get the KYB AGX's for my car as above and replaced all shocks control arms and 24mm and 25mm sway bars.
Gotta say, i am impressed with this set up and the KYB AGX's are very comfortable on lowest settings with a sense of firmness but when you hit the bumps copes very well. On hardest settings the teeth chattering comes in. quite a soft teeth chattering and the sway bars do the rest around corners.
As far as fitting them, the fronts fit perfectly and the rears dont fit on the seats perfectly but the installer was happy with where they were sitting and i have had no issues.
Overall if you are not keen on half a day (without mistakes) to adjust coilovers this is a good option.
I paid about $380.00 for the shocks from the US including freight.

I also have lowered reset springs.

Cool!!
-Rob

Top Bottom