Wanted NSW Silicone Throttle Body Hose Inner

staticc

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Alex
Drive
1999 Galant VR4
Hey guys,

I really don't know the technical term for the part, but it is a silicon sleeve that fits inside the pipe going into the throttle body, to hold the pipe with the clamp onto the body itself. Mine has split and under 16psi it spits it off.

Im looking for a replacement as I sick of hearing it pop off and the car stalling every time on hard acceleration.

Anyone that has one please get in touch

Cheers

Alex

BFun

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ben
Drive
'99 Legnum VR-4 Type-S
Hey Alex,

I believe Ivan from X3e might be able to help you out? I think he was the one doing silicon intercooler hoses, can't remember if he did the throttle elbow, but it can't hurt to ask. Hope everything's going well with your galant and you managed to get that rear bar sorted.

mills_88

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Matt
Drive
Toyota Supra RZ - The Project
Holden Commodore SS VF Series 2 - The Daily
Easy fixed. Just always run at more than 16psi.

Scubasteve

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
James
Drive
96 Mitsubishi Galant VR4 Manual
Nah I don't think Ivan ended up doing a replacement for that pipe I could be wrong. Mines been split for ages now I just use a wider better quality clamp and it doesn't come off. Mind you I'm only running 14psi. Oh and lmao @ Matts comment

Dice

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
DiceR
Drive
Galant VR-4 2xT25bb
Nissan Cube
I tried to find a silicon replacement for mine but failed. Luckily mine isn't too worn. I tried 2 different sized silicon joiners but it seems that you need a very thin sleeve for it to work.

vr4cobra

1 AYC Bar
First Name
T-J
Drive
1996 Galant VR4
When mine started popping off I just turned it inside out and sealed fine till I replaced it with my hard pipe kit. Might get u out of trouble for short term atleast.

staticc

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Alex
Drive
1999 Galant VR4
When mine started popping off I just turned it inside out and sealed fine till I replaced it with my hard pipe kit. Might get u out of trouble for short term atleast.

As long as it isn't split like my current one I will be interested

fieldy107

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Chris
Drive
Galant VR4
I have been having this problem also. Mine is split a little bit and kept popping off a couple of years ago, I replaced the clamp and it has been fine until yesterday when it popped off again. Need to find a good quality clamp but not sure where to source. Also might see if I can get new replacement for the silicone sleeve.

Top Bottom