So you have 50k to spend on a new, or near new car...

VR4Rocket

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kevin
Drive
Was a Ralliart Colt, was a 1997 Toyota Aristo was a 1996 Legnum..Now an XR5 Turbo
Is that your float for the next Sydney Mardi Gras Chris ?

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
Golf to small huh, thought so.... Ssv wagon then, or um how much is a second hand 535 or 335 our whatever it is wagon....

NuffNuff

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Damian
Drive
GTI, GTI, FL Manual Legnum VR4
Golf to small huh, thought so.... Ssv wagon then, or um how much is a second hand 535 or 335 our whatever it is wagon....

i think decent examples of 325i and 335i are over 50 grand for nearly out of warranty/medium km cars

10,000km old VE SS V series 2 can be had for around 42 grand, leaves more than enough dosh for suspension, tune, OTRCAI, full exhaust (di filippo) and a rip shift and some left over for spare tyres ;)

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
1/19 2002 FL Legnum Type 'S' Manual in Black with Suede Recaro's!
Yeah Commodore was out early. Simply too expensive to run, insure, register etc

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
And Golf7 110 highline fully optioned it is.

Ok, open the flood gates and let the haters through!

Trust me, I drove the leg straight after driving the golf for half an hour and it felt like a rocket! Will miss her no end but have to think about the family and my wife who drives the car 95% of the time.

Can I say though, technology these days hey?!

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
You bet.

Can't wait to use park assist.

Was trying to come up with the cash for an R but fell short. Best price I got for new golf R with sunroof and leather (which were must options for us) was 54k drive away. Too much.

fieldy107

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Chris
Drive
Galant VR4
damn. doesn't matter, any golf is a good purchase, everything about them just feels and looks like quality.

VOLK

Stabbin' technique!
First Name
Joey T
Drive
13 RA Lancer Hackzilla
The 110 is a TDI yeah? Sure, it woulda been good to buy an R but let's get real here, it's 95% driven by wifey and just needs to be safe, reliable, economical transport, not a 12 second, time bending rocket. The diesels are a good drive anyway. Can't go wrong with a Golf.

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
Yeah Joe it is. It was such a surprise how well it went. And yeah, I still only get to drive the leggie once a week and my wife and the kids love it.

I still have to wait till tomorrow to find out if they found me a spec'd Passat and willl make final choice then. If they cannot then the Golf7 it is

Top Bottom