Sound system woes

nashie Boy

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
nashe
Drive
1999 legnum VR-4 manual
Thought I would share this for a bit of a giggle and maybe a few pointers on how to make sure this doesn't happen again. Noticed the last few toms I drove my car that the sound system was playing up. Anyway yesterday as I was driving south to see my family (2 hour drive) the head unit decided it would make its own deductions on music. Would stop playing songs and when on the radio change channel till it decided it wanted to go back to the original (have a video of this but I'm writing this on my phone). Wasn't the end of the world because I was wanting to upgrade to a gps Bluetooth unit anyway. Bought a new head unit and was wired in correctly but no sound from the speakers. Checked over all wiring until I noticed the blue light from my amp was on. Was getting power, earth was fine but still a no go. Think a new amp maybe needed but if anyone has ideas on what it could be I'm all ears. Just strange that they both went at the exact same time

Ozyvr4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Scott
Drive
2000 Legnum
I only just saw the date that this was posted. You most likely have this sorted by now.

I'll ask you a couple questions.

Are all your speakers on amps and do they all cut out?

Have you tried checking voltage with a multimeter at the amp pos and neg?

I've seen quite a few times where the glass fuses in the engine bay to fail. They do not blow, but the element is soldered to the gold caps. The fuse getts very hot and the solder crack inside the fuse. An amp indicator led will light up with only earth and remote wire connected .

nashie Boy

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
nashe
Drive
1999 legnum VR-4 manual
Nah I had a damaged wire and was shorting out. Cut and rewired now working fine. I had to pull the sort skin off to find it

Top Bottom