spark plug question

G

Unregistered
hello peoples,:D

can I use NGK iridium BKR6EIX-11 spark plugs on my vr4 legnum, does anyone Know? I bought them for a spark plug change a while ago and only now just got around to doing it and the plugs that I pulled out are BKR6EIX. hmmmmm

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
The -11 stands for 1.1mm gap. You will have to re-gap them to .8mm and they'll be fine. They are the correct plugs for VR4's

G

Unregistered
thanks for that dawso,
gonna re-gap seems pretty easy

cyber_scriber

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Bruce
Drive
2000 Galant; metallic dark blue; manual; Recaros; Momo steering wheel; and sunroof!
Yes, the BKR6EIX is suited for standard or lightly modified cars. If your car is heavily modded and running high boost, BKR7EIX may be more appropriate.

As Dawso has pointed out, you will need to re-gap them.

FYI. You can get the BKR6EIX pre-gapped to the correct clearances for our cars. In future, just make sure it doesn't have the -11 denomination after it.

G

Unregistered
Thanks Bruce!
Ended up just buying new plugs as the autobarn gauging tool and spark plug tester multi-tool didn't have the goods. Cheaply made tester multi -tool would have worked if it wasn't made from the same material used to make those kids finger rings you get out of a vending machine outside target. Gauging (coin shaped) tool is made well but, not suitable for NGK plugs as it will damage the inner flint.
good news is 6 x BKR6EIX-11 for sale (y)

Top Bottom