Tas_Legnum

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Wade
Drive
1998 Legnum VR-4 Type-S
I'm sorry if this has been covered but I've tried searching (only on my phone) and came up with pretty much no info. I'm trying to tidy up my engine bay and want to get a spark plug cover. Now I've seen a couple of photos of a black cover with with Mitsubishi embossed on it. I've gathered so far that it's for the 6A12. But what I'm unsure of is if it bolts on to the 6A13 rocker cover or if you need the 12s cover as well. Any help on this or other options would be greatly appreciated.

AKKO

2 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Chris
Drive
1998 Galant VR4 Type-V (Facelift)
I have one that I'm willing to part with, no longer need it - drop me a PM

FB_IMG_1468228851872.jpg

craig

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Craig
Drive
1998 Legnum Super VR-4, Silver (project)
1997 Galant VR-4, soon to be manual
2004 Toyota Funcargo, Silver (daily)
Yeah you need the 6A12 rocker cover, it has the indentations I guess you'd call them for the cover to sit in. You'll either need to drill a hole in the cover for the loom going from the front coils to the PS pump/air con condenser or deloom it a bit and route it out the top by the leads. There is also no bolt hole on the rocker cover for the front of the Y pipe to mount to.

Tas_Legnum

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Wade
Drive
1998 Legnum VR-4 Type-S
Yeah you need the 6A12 rocker cover, it has the indentations I guess you'd call them for the cover to sit in. You'll either need to drill a hole in the cover for the loom going from the front coils to the PS pump/air con condenser or deloom it a bit and route it out the top by the leads. There is also no bolt hole on the rocker cover for the front of the Y pipe to mount to.
Thanks for the info bud. Have you done the swap over yourself? If so what is the Y pipe like movement wise? I can't imagine it would matter a whole lot.

Also if an admin could move this to the engine section. I didn't mean to post in guides.

craig

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Craig
Drive
Thanks for the info bud. Have you done the swap over yourself? If so what is the Y pipe like movement wise? I can't imagine it would matter a whole lot.

Also if an admin could move this to the engine section. I didn't mean to post in guides.

Yeah changed it on one or two VR4s. Theres a bit of a gap between the bracket on the front and the rocker cover, but because it's bolted to the manifold and front turbo and connected to a flexi hose it's not too bad, unless you lean on it :D

craig

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Craig
Drive
Cool. Might knock the bracket off when I do it. Make it a bit cleaner.
Sounds like a plan, it does look a bit odd with the bracket floating above the rocker cover, and they're only attached with a bit of weld at each end I believe :)

Top Bottom