301kw FTO 6A13TT

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
4 speed auto....not so keen!

Quite a bit of lag though by the looks of things.

G

Unregistered
Yeah but how much does it weigh compared to a galant?

With a 5speed manual would be awesome, they are quite cool looking little
cars..

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
I had a tussle with a GPX Mivec manual today in the Legnum. I had more torque, but he revved up to 8k, I had to change at 6.5k and that was where he pulled away from me. Nothing beats the sound of a V6 at 8000rpm!

Nick

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Nick
Drive
Aristo
dont laugh, it must be FTO season! I had the same thing today, a silver mivec GPX had a go getting on to the freeway! I was shocked that is for sure! Silly little thing was slow around the corner and I had him, but then as we winding up, he was holding me! I was shocked, I got out of it at about 120 so did not bother past that! But i had the feeling he was just coming good.

G

Unregistered
I had a tussle with a GPX Mivec manual today in the Legnum. I had more torque, but he revved up to 8k, I had to change at 6.5k and that was where he pulled away from me. Nothing beats the sound of a V6 at 8000rpm!

ok.

GPX is a v6 right?
Your Legnum is a v6 twin turbo right?

wow and he beat you?

whats the weight like on a FTO?

gilly

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
how the hell does he get traction, being FWD and 306kw!

I easily lose traction in my FWD Alto (granted it weight half the amount of the FTO)!

Somethings not quite right about this quote below:

Jeff said:
The twin turbo of the 6A13tt is tiny and will not fit in the bay of the FTO without major changes to the firewall.

he says the engine is tiny, but wont fit??? Does he mean its not tiny and he had to modify the firewall?

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
no, you're all getting too excited over nothing, I was in the ST-R. In the VR-4 I would have smoked him even if I changed up at 4000rpm :)

As for the twin turbo setup, no it won't fit very well at all. With an FTO you really do need to convert to a single turbo.

G

Unregistered
this has been on the internet for quite sometimes. Before I did a engine swap to 6a13tt, I think it was on 2005, I already seen his website.

I think there is one on the www.ftoaustralia.com who did a 6a13tt conversion too. I forgot the hp figure but he had trouble with over heating engine.

mallen

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Matt
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
dont laugh, it must be FTO season! I had the same thing today, a silver mivec GPX had a go getting on to the freeway! I was shocked that is for sure! Silly little thing was slow around the corner and I had him, but then as we winding up, he was holding me! I was shocked, I got out of it at about 120 so did not bother past that! But i had the feeling he was just coming good.

Pfft... Losers! :p

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
LOL hey it was Nick in the VR4 - Brad was only in the ST-R. I put it down to the meat, not the metal. Sorry Nick :p

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B

Wow he must've caught you off guard! I pulled away from an FTO GPX Mivec in my old TR quad cam 3.0l Magna and it was only running 14.8's. It did rev out to 7200rpm no problems though.

RaZZa137

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Rowan
Drive
1998 PFL Legnum VR4 2012 Skoda Superb 1990 Suzuki GSF250
lol, my 93 civic keeps up with 2000 model magna vrx,

Top Bottom