Delicaclub, FTO club, ozvr4 club and a raws rep all meeting tomorrow

trounced

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Wes
Drive
1997 Mitsubishi Legnum VR4
Hey all just thought i would drop a line, i mentioned that this meet was going to happen ages ago and we finally organized it.

i have been in talks with Mark from Delicashop about getting us VR4 factory and after market parts, as the demand has been growing he has asked that i have a meet with him about this to see what we can arrange.

we now have the FTO guys interested as well and there is going to be a raw/dotars guy present as well to talk to the 3 guys about gettings cars in and complianced and also so we can find out about parts ect that we can get for resale to everyone here and the like.

i will let you know once we meet as to the outcome because im no really sure what is actually going to come of this meeting but that is going to give us some great buying power if all 3 clubs are now purchasing direct from japan and yahoo japan. the plan is we will eventually probably start to do everything Mitsubishi.

some of you may have already dealt with Mark Horner from Delica shop if you were after parts this is just going to make the whole thing smoother.

so wish me luck as its going to help all of us source parts at great prices and make things so much easier to do.

thanks guys

Wes Trounce

qball

1 AYC Bar
First Name
David
Drive
1999 White Legnum Type S Cold Spec with Recaros+Sunroof
This sounds great hopefully it all works out

bogan bob

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Dion
Drive
'15 Amarok
I look foward to hearing the outcome Wes, we all know the vr4 is a bit disadvantaged atm in the aftermarket parts department

Dr_Josh001

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Josh
Drive
96 Galant VR-4 Auto
I'm looking forward to the security of knowing basic parts like second hand panel skins & bumpers etc (those parts that don't require much of a collision to need complete replacing) will be 1 phone call & three to four days shipping away!!!

More power to ya Wes!:D

trounced

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Wes
Drive
Okay all seemed to go well, we were in talks with the fto club (vice president) Ray from a compliance centre in Canberra soon to be able to do VR4's and other imports and also had the guy that organised the meet Mark Horner (delica shop)

seems that we will be setting up a site that is allowing users access to all parts mitsubishi, we are going to be trying to see if we can get listings of all parts and see if we can find prices etc from yahoo and mitsubishi and also parts from Taiwon.

Ray from the compliance centre in Canberra is planning an attack (well more of a discusion with the insurance companys once we get listings of parts needed for different types of hits.

so i am going to need everyone to think of what is needed if a car is hit from a particular direction and think of the parts needed to get it fixed etc. so for eg.
front hit would need
Bonnet
Front bumper
radiator
air conditioner condensor
Left and right gauard
etc

side hit would need the following
front door
rear door
guard
roof (turret)
wheel hub

rear hit would need
rear hatch/boot lid
rear bumper

if you have any other ideas please let me know

Rays idea is that if the three of us can give evidence and a garentee that parts are available within a given time and given price then they hopefully will drop the price of insurance. fingers crossed will see what happens but its worth looking into.

anyway my kid is screaming and i need to go see to it will put up more details soon sorry everyone

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
Nah Wes, don't be sorry mate... we are the ones that should be thankful of your efforts for the whole VR-4 community!

If you need a hand with anything, let us know. Cheers! :D

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
Dude...awesome effort so far :)

I think a good idea would be to have access to windscreen replacements because it seems that noone does them here yet? Please correct if this issue has been rectified.

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
Hey Paul,

I got my windscreen replaced by Windscreens O'Brien. Funny enough they have them in stock !!

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Yea Ian (VR4Pilot) got his windscreen replaced a couple of months back too, so I don't think glass is a problem (fortunately!). Not sure about side windows though.

G

Unregistered
Hi,
Would you be able to advise who is doing the compliancing in Canberra?

Im looking to get a VR4 soon and if I can get it complianced in Canberra it would be heaps easier! :)

Cheers

Kristian

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kristian
Drive
Changes daily
Hey Paul,

I got my windscreen replaced by Windscreens O'Brien. Funny enough they have them in stock !!

Same - because they have stores in NZ, they stock just about everything. Handy to know.

Top work on the meeting too, guys.

qball

1 AYC Bar
First Name
David
Drive
1999 White Legnum Type S Cold Spec with Recaros+Sunroof
When i was getting my greenslip hard copy from NRMA in sydney the lady serving me rang the under writers and it seems they would insure our cars (they don't currently) cheaper than say, just cars, if parts were more readliy available so they could give life time warantee on repairs like normal australian cars. Maybe if this website gets up we could get cheaper insurance aswell

trounced

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Wes
Drive
NRMA wont insure grey imports at all, they dont touch them. pisses me off i hate NRMA now

Top Bottom