Srs airbag resistance

G

Unregistered
Hey guys I have a customer wanting to go aftermarket seats in his vr4 but he has seat airbags fitted in the factory seats,
does anyone know or able to help me find out what I can do to eliminate the srs warning?
possibly fit resistors or something to the plugs Maby?

please any help will be greatly aappreciated

G

Unregistered
I have seen a post talking about using resistors either here or on CVR4.

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
No idea, but for less safety related warning lights in other cars i've been able to use resistors. I start with big resistance, low power....

G

Unregistered
Hey guys thanx ,Pierre heled me out..I forgot he did it before, so I have placed 2 resistors parallel upto each other connected to each terminal equalling 2.2ohm @1W. Now down to my local auto sparky to clear code and see if it works...
wish I could get the software to clear codes myself

G

Unregistered
You can get VR4s with seat airbags??
Indeed you can legnums and gallants come out not only with srs airbag seats but also heated seats too.. I have 1 in stock with heated seats..first ever Iv seen lol

lathiat

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Trent Lloyd
Drive
97 Legnum (Manual)
Yeah my FWD NA legnum (UK spec) has both heated seats and seat side airbags.

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
I was meaning to say before.... Anyone working on srs systems needs to be super careful. A continuity tester on a multimeter supplies enough voltage to set off an airbag for example. If you're not sure what you're doing leave it to someone who does, injuries from airbags going off while being worked on can be pretty serious do be warned.

G

Unregistered
Appreciate the reminder steve, but I'm sure working on the side bag won't cause the front to explode lol? Disconnect battery in all instances before carrying out any work...
i hope I can clear the code today

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
No worries, I want actually directing it at yourself a i'm fairly sure you're aware of the dangers.... But I have no idea who else will see this one day....

G

Unregistered
Maby we should ask mods to delete it then for safety reasons?

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
Maby we should ask mods to delete it then for safety reasons?

I don't think that's necessary. Plenty of things you can do to hurt yourself working on cars. I think Steve's warning is sufficient.

Top Bottom