Drive
97 manual legnum
yeh they are evooz. im also looking at those 8's

2000VR-4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jason
Drive
1988 Magna (Daily) 1975 GC Galant hardtop (W/End car) 1972 GS Galant hardtop, 1973 Galant GTO X-II, 1978 Galant (Scorpion) hardtop
Only difference between a Evo and a GTA is the auto trans, a GTA badge on the bootlid and a plain (non vented) bonnet

Buckas

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dan
Drive
97 manual legnum
pfft, im gonna buy the weds haha. will just have to save up for rubber for when they get here

steveP

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Steve
Drive
VR4 Galant
lol tempe wouldnt have a clue about offset either.

Step 1: close tempe site and null any such memory from ur mind.
Step 2: check out the wheel/offset threads on here.
Step 3: get the correct sized wheel and tyre combo for ur application.
Step 4: ???
Step 5 profit!

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
see my sig

\/\/\/\/\/ , if those fox rims came in 8.5 or 9 then id say yes to them but 7.5 is just bad news

G

Unregistered
This is the offset thread isn't it? I've read which offsets fit, personally I don't want to go huge, that's why 17x7.5 was ok, I'm never goin to track the car or race it, I just wanted something that looks good, black with red lip is wat I've wanted for ages, plus I don't want to be payin out the ass for tyres each time. So if Tempe is outta the question do u guys hav recommendations for a decent place or style of wheel with the right offset that won't cost me more than $1500

steveP

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Steve
Drive
VR4 Galant
u can pick up some decent jap rims 2nd hand for under $1500 easy. going wide doesnt mean ur gona race ur car. and ur car certainly WONT look good with pizza cutter spec rims. not to mention the inferior build quality.

u should be looking for something at least 8.5" wide all round. sus out forums, jap auctions, etc for rims. no question i would get correct fitting second hand rims over new china junk cheapies.

Buckas

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dan
Drive
97 manual legnum
you can get pllenty for that price, easilly a set of evo wheels and tyres.

The set of weds sports i was looking at on the previous page were 1200 so theres lots of better options out there, just gotta look. Heaps on evooz

G

Unregistered
So just for grip and width 8.5 should do the trick, I'm lookin for wheel and tyre priced together. Sum Evo wheels are cool, so far Evo x wins for me.

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
1/19 2002 FL Legnum Type 'S' Manual in Black with Suede Recaro's!
Garth, why not just get your Leggy first THEN asses the wheel sitch? You might find a unit with killer rims already attached.

You may also have an idea of what rims you want but that may change when you get your car e.g Colour may not suit etc.

G

Unregistered
yeh I kno, I always get ahead of myself. Just lookin and havin ideas. If all goes well I really want a white one. Dark grey or black wheels is my fav, neways I guess I'll leave it til I find out, in the meantime if anything comes up in the way of wheels keep me posted

Garth, why not just get your Leggy first THEN asses the wheel sitch? You might find a unit with killer rims already attached.

You may also have an idea of what rims you want but that may change when you get your car e.g Colour may not suit etc.

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
If you are getting a prefacelift without flares then 17x7.5" around 38mm will be ok. With flares you would really want low 30's

G

Unregistered
im currently waiting on the buyer to be approved, something happened with his current bank and now he is tryin with someone else, so im not even sure if gettin a legnum is possible til the money is in my hand, mind u the bank manager of the old bank told him to organise the sale with me so it was ready, all that needed to be dun was signing the paperwork, wen he went to do that, thats were the bank manager became a tool and said nup, not til u pay out ur old loan, anyone want a VT commo with 18's and chrome mirror tint lol coz thats what his old loan is for. neways i guess ill leave it for now, but thanks for the input so far.

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
You'd get a set of D1Rs for that money. Black with red stripe. And in sizes for real cars, not the front of dragsters.

Top Bottom