Strange Tinny Rattle

VR4Rocket

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kevin
Drive
Was a Ralliart Colt, was a 1997 Toyota Aristo was a 1996 Legnum..Now an XR5 Turbo
Hmmmmmm I have a tinny rattle coming from my car...seems to be coming from round the belts....strange thing is I had my timing belt etc done just last month.......I have it in MY mechanics at the mo to see what is up......I maybe contacting the company that did my belt soon.....:banghead:

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
1/19 2002 FL Legnum Type 'S' Manual in Black with Suede Recaro's!
Hey Kev, at what stages does it make the sound? i.e, only when driving or at idle etc?

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
tinny?! as in like tin can hitting against something sound?!

hope its not your waterpump..

VR4Rocket

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kevin
Drive
Was a Ralliart Colt, was a 1997 Toyota Aristo was a 1996 Legnum..Now an XR5 Turbo
At all times......is worse when starting in the morning....then fades downa bit but is still there. It just started yesterday when I kicked the car over to go home.

VR4Rocket

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kevin
Drive
Had the water pump replaced on this day last month

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
could it be the lifters sounding really bad?! cause I remember when i changed oil in your engine.. it was ticking as soon as you start the motor and the motor was still warm..

VR4Rocket

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kevin
Drive
NAHHHHHHHHHH !!!! Found out what it was....a bolt had come lose/not been screwed in properly and dropped down into one of the pulleys.....lucky it did not cause to much damage......

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Yikes!! >.< See? This is what happens when you get someone else to work on your car... *sigh* :banghead:

VR4Rocket

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kevin
Drive
Yeah I was VERY lucky...I will be giving them a call on Monday !!!!

Top Bottom