Tcl switch

Brenton

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Brenton
Drive
97 PFL legnum
My traction control switch isn't working. I pulled the switch apart to replace the globe then foolishly plugged it into the unused blue de-icer plug (vehicle is not cold spec). This blew the dash light fuse, I've replaced and checked all fuses, checked, disassembled and cleaned tcl switch contacts but still can't turn the tcl off. I've done the ecu reset and have no unusual warning lights or error codes so I don't think it's a fried relay or wiring. I'm stumped. Does anyone have any ideas or similar experience?

Reactions: BCX

pretzil

2 AYC Bars
First Name
Rick
Drive
Legnum VR4
Can you hotwire the switch plug with a paperclip to see if the switch still works?

Brenton

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Brenton
Drive
97 PFL legnum
Have had another look, with ignition on the skidding car symbol lights up bit there is no TCL or Tcl off symbols. Will remove dash again an re-check globes. I've pulled relays and fuses which causes skidding car symbol to flash and abs light to come on when driving

Brenton

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Brenton
Drive
97 PFL legnum
Checked and swapped dash globes, pulled fuses and relays, cleaned contacts at tcl unit and reset ecu. No error codes. TCL off still not working or flashing . Went for a run on dirt,AYC, ABS definitely working, ASC skidding car symbol also lit up. Checked codes again and no errors (not sure if TCL off is meant to flash but doesn't).
Disconnected and blocked hoses to TCL cannister and went for another run, all functions working, checked for codes again and no errors. TCL off not flashing or illuminating. Five recall stickers on tailgate glass and recall database confirm the cannister has been replaced.
Not sure if ASC still functions with TCL hoses disconnected bit don't really care :). Happy to leave as is.

Top Bottom