TEIN for VR4s

2000VR-4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jason
Drive
1988 Magna (Daily) 1975 GC Galant hardtop (W/End car) 1972 GS Galant hardtop, 1973 Galant GTO X-II, 1978 Galant (Scorpion) hardtop
OK, so I have this so far.
These are the babys ya after

MODEL NAME: TEIN LOW DOWN SPEC GT WAGON DAMPER-COILOVER KITS TEIN GT Wagon Damper Coilover Kit - Legnum VR4
LEGNUM, EC5W, VR-4, VR-4 type-S, 1996.8-2002.8, AWD, 2500

Dont quote me on this but............... Wouldn't Series II or updates use the same as the EVO VII + ????

I will get pricing and part numbers up tomorrow night.
Hope this helps.
Cheers,
Jason

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
no, the suspension design was all the same, however the brakes changed to being compatible with evo 5 upwards in the facelift cars.

J-B

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jarrad
Drive
EVO VII GSR
would there be a difference between the legnum and galant coilovers? or wouldn't it matter as they are height adjustable anyway?

G

Unregistered
galant and legnum ARE different, even if they are adjustable.
the legnum obviously has more rear overhang mass than the galant, and thus needs a higher rate rear spring and different valving, regardless of height. (however the PHYSICAL shock will be the same unit, just valved differently)
if you put galant suspension in a legume, you will probably find it will bottom out quite easily.

2000VR-4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jason
Drive
1988 Magna (Daily) 1975 GC Galant hardtop (W/End car) 1972 GS Galant hardtop, 1973 Galant GTO X-II, 1978 Galant (Scorpion) hardtop
OK, a set of 4 TEIN struts will set ya back (through us) between $1600 and $1800 depending on which set you choose. They come with the height adjusting tools.
I can get some as low as $1300 but they are basically stock replacements with a TEIN sticker. No adjustment.

So,
For both the Legnum and the Galant you can get the Super Wagons, part number is identical DSR42-91SS3. They offer a spring rate of 3.0kg front and rear

Legnum only are the High Tech, which are a slight upgrade from the Supers. Part number SKR42-GIB00. Spring rate of 3.8kg for the Front and 3.0 Rear

Also Legnum only are the GT Wagon's (see first post above), these would really only be suitable for motorsport as they would be very VERY stiff on the road with a spring rate of 8.0 Front and 5.0 Rear. Part number GSR42-E1SS3.

Hope some this is of some use and answers some questions.

Cheers,
Jason

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
GT Wagon is what I want, along with the thicker anti-roll bars that Cusco make. Any chance you would be able to look into those for me Jason?

zErTeK[2k]

Crunching Gears
First Name
Nathan
Drive
Varis Widebody Evo 5
Mk4 Golf GTi
I should be able to get the cusco gear ill check it out

2000VR-4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jason
Drive
GT Wagon is what I want, along with the thicker anti-roll bars that Cusco make. Any chance you would be able to look into those for me Jason?

Can do

zErTeK[2k]

Crunching Gears
First Name
Nathan
Drive
Varis Widebody Evo 5
Mk4 Golf GTi
its not to bad its gettin it from japan to here thats the killer. I'm going to start a thread with parts that I know of that I can get and if people need something thats not listed they can leave a post and ill see what I can find.

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
spring rates of 17.8kg front and 7.2kg rear? isn't that a little too stiff?

I know a guy who actually had these on his 7G and it was rock hard..

2000VR-4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jason
Drive
OK, so I have fixed pricing now :p
We can get the Super Wagons, which are designed for Aussie use (one of the guys has had them on his R34 for a year and loves them) $1850
And the GT Wagons for $2300.
TEIN are running a promotion until the end of the month where you get $215 cash back so be quick to save a few $$$.
The reason for the price difference is that the GT Wagons have to come out of Japan where as the Super Wagons are assembled here, still Jap made.
These also come with the EDFC (Electronic Damping Force Controller) option, just wank factor IMO but you have a gizmo in the car to adjust the damping on the go.

G

Unregistered
I have the Super Wagon. I loved it. Set to the stiffest setting front and rear.

IMO you don't need the EDFC. When u satisfied with one specific suspension setting, there is no need to change it just stick with it.

U can't go wrong with Tein.....

G

Unregistered
Hi guys,
I'm looking at coilovers (more for easy height adjustment than anything) and the Super Wagons seem pretty good to me apart from the lower height adjustment??? Can someone post a photo of the ride height at maximum height (if possible)? Alternatively can someone with stock suspension measure the height from wheel center to guard so I can figure out the -12 / -16 for myself?
Thanks!

G

Unregistered
definately worth getting tein's...ive got height adjustable ones in mine (came with the car) and they are very comfy. they dont have the damper adjustments but its a smooth but firm ride.

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
My Super Wagons are getting installed tomorrow :D

Not sure what the max ride height will be. I want to go about 30 mm lower than stock. I'll have a look when I get the car and see if I can tell how much adjustment remains at that point. The adjustment threads look like they span about 50-60 mm in total travel.

Hipsi

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Trav
Drive
D40 Navara
guess I should check exactly which ones mine are. They are damper adjustable and are a very nice ride.

Top Bottom