TEIN for VR4s

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
Guess 18x9 +38 (and therefore 8" +25, 8.5" +30, 7.5 +20, 7" +15, etc) do fit perfectly despite what all the doubters say!

:ROFLMAO:

Looks awesome Joel. Near perfect combination of offset and ride height. Probably the best looking Legnum in Australia IMHO.

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
The width of the tyre is just as important. 235's with a 38mm offset really is as far as you want to go. Now you could go with 225's and a 33mm offset, or 215's with a 28mm offset, but you could stretch 215's on a 9" wide wheel and still go down to about a 28mm offset and be ok.

G

Unregistered
they were 149,480 yen including EMS air freight, his commisions and other fees, which was a good price before the dollar took it in the rectum....
So with the exchange rate now thats about $2,200. So you got them for under $2000 at the time?

They look really really good. HHmmm might have to spend next years tax return on a set.

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
These are SUPER FLEX WAGON.

They are base height and preload adjustable, where as I believe the SUPER WAGON coilovers are height only. I far prefer the base height adjustability as it allows the shock absorber to work in its optimal range at all times, regardless of height.

I can confirm the Super Wagons (which I have) are only height adjustable. Also I don't think mine have the rings/rubber bits at the spring ends (and now I'm jealous as mine are kinda noisy lol). The spring rates are also lower (5kg / 3kg). But they still ride real nice :D

SLY-031

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Joel
Drive
VR-4 Legnum
So with the exchange rate now thats about $2,200. So you got them for under $2000 at the time?

They look really really good. HHmmm might have to spend next years tax return on a set.

Yeah I only forked over $1800 or so. Big difference...

Mookers, cheers for the confirmation ;)

The width of the tyre is just as important. 235's with a 38mm offset really is as far as you want to go. Now you could go with 225's and a 33mm offset, or 215's with a 28mm offset, but you could stretch 215's on a 9" wide wheel and still go down to about a 28mm offset and be ok.

Yeah that is kinda what I mean by going to a 9 +30 up front no worries. I'm tempted to get 225's whenever I get new rubber. Thing is, it depends on tyre manufacturer as to whether or not a 225 is actually 225 wide. ie it may be closer to 215 or 235 dependent on manufacturer.

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
Joel are you running Circlings? I'm tossing up whether to go 235/40 or 225/40 on mine, but the 235s are so much easier to find cheap...

SLY-031

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Joel
Drive
VR-4 Legnum
Mine are Zeetex. Probably the same crap though. hahaha. a 235 would suffice ;)

When I change to a decent tyre, I'll prob go 225, though price comes into it alot.

G

Unregistered
unfortunately my kit sits smack bang on 100mm at that height, and the rear tyres foul on the rear guards. :p

i'm not 100% sure joel, as far as i know, they are 18x8 about +30, but if yours are 18x9 +38, that means mine should sit 5mm further in, so i'm not sure!

they are definately only 8" wide though, they didnt come any bigger than 18x8

chrisssss

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
krsta
Drive
99' s2 manual legnum vr4
cool thanks need to save up the dough but it is a nice piece of mind knowing there is high quality stuff out there for our babies

steveP

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Steve
Drive
VR4 Galant
nothing. TEIN has the name and jap spec rep. I actually went from TEIN coilovers to ISC's on my silvia. the ISC's seemed much more solid and of better quality, needless to say, the TEIN's actually broke, which caused me to get ISC's.

however there are different levels of quality/models with TEIN's.

Top Bottom