TEIN for VR4s

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
I'm not sure how the Super Flex Wagon spring rates compare to the old GT's, I'm pretty sure they're harder than the plain Super Wagons so I guess they have replaced the GT range.

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
If you look at their circle which shows where each suspension design sits, you'll see Flex is closer to premium and competition than the gt wagon which is more towards standard and street.

I'm guessing the Super Flex Wagon is an upgrade over GT Wagon. It has the same spring rates though, 8kg and 5kg

G

Unregistered
Type Flex are different than the super flex wagons, Type flex are not listed for Legnum's.

AAhhh on the first page of this thread the GT-wagon part number is supplied GSR42-E1SS3
Just got a reply from Camskill and they said they are still listed.

EDIT: Just got a reply back from Tein, here is what they said.

Thank you for the inquiry.
GT-Wagon is replaced to Super Flex Wagon as you mentioned.
GT-Wagon is no longer available.
Here is the introduction of Super Flex Wagon as follows;
http://www.tein.co.jp/e/products/super_flex_wagon.html
Set Spring
Ft:φ65G 8.0K/250mm
Rr:φ65G 5.0K/225mm
Ride Height Drop
Ft:-45mm
Rr:-30mm
Recommended Ride Height Adjustment Range
Ft:-55mm to -35mm
Rr:-40mm to -20mm
Ride Height Adjustable Range
Ft:-91mm to +7mm
Rr:-96mm to +30mm
We have an authorized distributor in your country, please kindly contact
them the price and availability.
Fulcrum Suspensions
28-40 Evesham Street,
MOOROOKA 4105, Queensland, Australia
TEL: +61 7 3892 9000
FAX: +61 7 3892 1526
E-mail: fulcrum@fulcrumsuspensions.com.au
www.fulcrumsuspensions.com.au
http://www.superpro.com.au/superpro.html
Best regards,
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Jun OGINO (Mr.)
Business Management Section
TEIN, INC.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

G

Unregistered
Is $1400, posted in less than 2 weeks cheap for a set of New Super wagon's?

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
Nengun doesn't have them listed but are about $100 cheaper than RHDJapan for the basic wagons. RHD have the Supers at 1470 shipped (air, doesn't include credit card fee), so Nengun should be cheaper than that. They don't have the Super wagons listed but I'm sure if you asked for them via email they'd be able to get them

cheers Lee

G

Unregistered
Is $1400, posted in less than 2 weeks cheap for a set of New Super wagon's?

I swear I saw a couple of months ago that these were cheaper, like a couple of hundred cheaper. Wonder what caused the price rise?

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
Not sure, Nengun has the Super Flex listed now, and I've sent them the part numbers for Super Wagon and Basic Flex,

cheers

Lee

G

Unregistered
Not sure, Nengun has the Super Flex listed now, and I've sent them the part numbers for Super Wagon and Basic Flex,

cheers

Lee
Thanks Lee for the extra ones, I emailed them (Nengun) last week and asked them to put the Super Flex on there site ;)
I'm still looking at getting the Super wagons or Super Flex some time soonish.
I think well hope the Super Flex adjusted to soft will still give a nice ride when needed for Family/babies/oldies......

G

Unregistered
I also have tein super wagon on my car, works great.

Have tein edfc also.

G

Unregistered
I also have tein super wagon on my car, works great.

Have tein edfc also.
Have you got a pic of the front and rear where the edfc is installed, did you have to modify the rear to make it fit?

G

Unregistered
Have you got a pic of the front and rear where the edfc is installed, did you have to modify the rear to make it fit?

i can take some pics, eveything was on the car when i bought it. :redface:

G

Unregistered
just one more (dumb) question can you adjust so the car gets higher and lower also with tein super wagon with the edfc?

I only have adjusted on my p1 setting, then i have p2 and p3 also what is that?

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
No, the EDFC only controls the dampening. You need to jack the car up and adjust the shocks to raise or lower the car.

P1, P2, P3 are for storing pre-sets e.g. soft, medium and hard so you don't have manually adjust the front and back everytime you want to change.

cheers

Lee

G

Unregistered
I've been told you can put scales under all 4 corners of the car, and adjust the coilovers height to balance the front and rear weight distribution.

Now who has access to such scales and wants to give it a try?

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
That is indeed correct and one of the reasons I'm looking for a scale that can weigh a car accurately at each corner

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
Anywhere that does race engineering/preparation should have corner weight scales. I know of at least 1 place in my crappo town so you should be able to find someone where you live!

What's the going rate for the EDFC module?

Peter_D

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Pete
Drive
Cab Colt & Evo 6
I figured that once I get around to installing the adjustable coilovers I'd pay to have them set up correctly. Otherwise the handling would be shit and defeat the purpose of buying them.

SLY-031

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Joel
Drive
VR-4 Legnum
Just bought some Super Flex Wagon's for my Legnum. Got in just before the Aussie Dollar took it square up the rectum.

Out of the box, they look absolutely brilliant. Top hats have a rubber o ring to soften noise, springs are also rubber mounted on the metal rings. Very impressed. I will probably install them at the same height that they were in the boxes. The springs seem to have the perfect amount of preload on them, so I'll leave them be.

Does anyone know what sort of height my car will be if I throw these coils in straight from the box without changing them? I realise I'll have to probably pull them out and change them a couple of times, would be nice to get it about right first time though...

Top Bottom