TEIN for VR4s

G

Unregistered
Just bought some Super Flex Wagon's for my Legnum. Got in just before the Aussie Dollar took it square up the rectum.

Out of the box, they look absolutely brilliant. Top hats have a rubber o ring to soften noise, springs are also rubber mounted on the metal rings. Very impressed. I will probably install them at the same height that they were in the boxes. The springs seem to have the perfect amount of preload on them, so I'll leave them be.

Does anyone know what sort of height my car will be if I throw these coils in straight from the box without changing them? I realise I'll have to probably pull them out and change them a couple of times, would be nice to get it about right first time though...
Oh yea someone has finally got some super flex.:bigsmile: Please post up a heap of pics as I'm thinking of getting coil overs at some stage, I hope the dollar goes back up in the next few months.

dimi_108

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dimi
Drive
NSX/Magna/M5
Early next month, i'll be in the market for a set of Tein Super Wagons. It looks like this is the choice of most Legnum owners here.
Does anybody have the details of where i can order a set from and how much they will cost?

CANDEE

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jeremy
Drive
1998 Galant VR4
Next year some time i should be installing a set of Tein Type-HA's into my galant, complete with EDFC.

Should also be installing another set(with EDFC) into another galant next month some time too...

J

SLY-031

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Joel
Drive
VR-4 Legnum
Oh yea someone has finally got some super flex.:bigsmile: Please post up a heap of pics as I'm thinking of getting coil overs at some stage, I hope the dollar goes back up in the next few months.

Yeah no worries will grab a stack and post them up ;)

Mac, they were 149,480 yen including EMS air freight, his commisions and other fees, which was a good price before the dollar took it in the rectum....

Heaps better than RHD and Nengun

SLY-031

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Joel
Drive
VR-4 Legnum
Early next month, i'll be in the market for a set of Tein Super Wagons. It looks like this is the choice of most Legnum owners here.
Does anybody have the details of where i can order a set from and how much they will cost?

I don't bother going to RHD or Nengun, there is an Aussie guy in Japan by the name of Jesse Streeter who sends stuff here, with a small commission for himself. His email is dartsun75 at gmail dot com

If you use his services, please pay promptly as it reduces the risk of him bailing out and not doing it anymore.

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
I don't bother going to RHD or Nengun, there is an Aussie guy in Japan by the name of Jesse Streeter who sends stuff here, with a small commission for himself. His email is--------------------------
If you use his services, please pay promptly as it reduces the risk of him bailing out and not doing it anymore.

Another vote here for Jesse. He's fantastic. Actually don't think I've ever heard a complaint!

G

Unregistered
you can't adjust camber in that way on a VR-4

Not even with something like this ? I know those particular ones are only adjustable on the front, but someone, cusco maybe, might makes ones for the rear?

Granted, its a rather pricey fix compared to the washer fix.

G

Unregistered
Got it. Cheers Brad.
Seems an easy fix really. Those "camber kits" are just the same only using swish looking washes. Pffft.
Well... off to the nuts and bolts store for me.

G

Unregistered
you can't adjust camber in that way on a VR-4

Thought so, from what I can see is that the only difference between the Super Wagons and Super-Flex wagons is the camber adjustment which, brad has pointed out, is irrelevant on our cars. Am I correct?

SLY-031

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Joel
Drive
VR-4 Legnum
Mine didn't come with camber tops, as has been said, they are useless. I installed them on the weekend. Left the preload as they were from the box, then based height from that. Pretty happy with the height the car is at, wheels don't scrub at all.

The dampening works really well, big difference noticable between medium and hard(started half way then cranked it up). I now have it 4 notches from hardest, and it is really firm, but still comfy. Might turn it down a little more to make it mildy softer.

Spring rates are 8kg front and 5kg rear, PERFECT in all regards. They don't feel hard, but support the car nicely. Took a bunch of pics, here they are...

Rear Top
Image010.jpg

Rear Upper Spring Mount
Image011.jpg

Rear Lower Spring Mount
Image012.jpg

Rear Label
Image013.jpg

Rear Complete Unit
Image014.jpg

Front Top
Image015.jpg

Front Top Spring Mount
Image016.jpg

Front Bottom Spring Mount
Image017.jpg

Front Label
Image018.jpg

Front Complete Unit
Image019.jpg

Front Compared to chopped spring stocker
Image020.jpg

Front with wishbone mount attached
Image021.jpg

Front in car
Image022.jpg

Front Installed
Image023.jpg

SLY-031

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Joel
Drive
VR-4 Legnum
And because I can only have 15 images per post, the rest:

Front Installed
Image024.jpg

Initial Front Height Setup(raised from here 10mm)
Image025.jpg

Rear Wishbone(Will look into having some modified or custom made to allow camber adjustment)
Image026.jpg

Rear Installed
Image027.jpg

Rear Installed
Image028.jpg

Current Height(want to drop front 5mm and rear 5-10mm)
Image029.jpg

Current Height(now I need a 10mm spacer for the rear wheels :p )
Image030.jpg

SLY-031

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Joel
Drive
VR-4 Legnum
These are SUPER FLEX WAGON.

They are base height and preload adjustable, where as I believe the SUPER WAGON coilovers are height only. I far prefer the base height adjustability as it allows the shock absorber to work in its optimal range at all times, regardless of height.

G

Unregistered
That looks pretty good, didn't think the wheels would tuck in that much, but you've done it, looks 10x better than what it did with the stock shocks.

SLY-031

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Joel
Drive
VR-4 Legnum
The rears tuck in too much, needs a 10mm spacer... :p That'd make them a 9 +28. So, by a rough calculation, you need ~10mm more track on the rear if not touching camber to keep the wheels similar in stance ;)

Front guards are completely untouched, so I could say with some rolling and flaring a 9 +30 would fit no worries at all.

Same with the rear, they are only lightly rolled(upper wishbone gets in the way of the roller), but with a full roll and flare, a 9 +20 wouldn't be too hard to squeeze in.

Though if I were going to that extreme, I'd get some 9.5's ;) :D

EDIT: Just looked on www.cars-directory.net and these are the track dimensions for the legnum: 1525 / 1520. So my guess of needing a 10mm spacer is pretty good I think :D

Top Bottom