The King is DEAD

G

Unregistered
well at about 01:35am on Sunday Morning on my trip back home tht strange noise got worse!!!!

what started off as a tapped type noise turned into a Piston Slap type noise wich ended up in a Blown Rear Turbo, 1 Glowing RED Front Manifold,Cooking Radiator,and Pston 1(what i can tel lfrom)has cracked..

i noticed the noise originally when picking the car up,but thort it ws the new lifters they installed that i supplied for them..
and gradually over Saturday got noisier while setting up for the wedding..

After a decision to wait in the sticks for AA i decided to venture as far a si can go,so i did.. i made it to Waipawa with a Farking loud Slapping noise,a temprature systems that fluctuated more than the price of Petrol and a smell that no 1 can explain.. somewhat like a death smell..(the End is Nigh!!!)
caning it at 140 seemed to smothen the noise out and keep tempratures at bay,i lost all boost nd had an unconsistant torque range.

i wanted to cry, as many of you know i just purchased the vehicle back as i loved her too much...but now it is dead...
skull.gif

Lucky Mum and dad were behind me in the ST-r and picke dme up in Waipawa and then ventured to theirs (02:30am) and then i took the ST-r home and got home at 04:00am sometime).

i then rang the old owner and said WTF, he replies WTF,my mech serviced the car recently and " checked the pistons"(how do you do this lol) and was al lgood aparantly,i hd to change the radiator a sit ws leaking and losing pressure(we now know why this was too)

basically im looking at $2k to fix her up,but he is only CONSIDERING meeting me halfway cost wise,excl other ****..

personally i feel ripped off(knew the engine ws going ,so flick car FAST).
what if i had sodl this to someone else and this happens,my nam goes BANG!

anyhow,i am tired, 3 hours sleep and i just wanna cry!!!!
seems not a good weekend for Club boys or Month shall i say,,,
things happen in 3??
Scott
Ryan
Quinton

hopefully this is it for the bad things for a while.....

so im on the hunt for a GOOD Low Mileage VR4 Engine that wil be used to do my TD04 Conversion on now!!

Mivec Wagon is FORCED to start roading it now too(not happy)

Attachments

• DSCF0732.jpg
    DSCF0732.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 185
  • DSCF0735.jpg
    DSCF0735.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 185
  • DSCF0737.jpg
    DSCF0737.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 185
  • DSCF0739.jpg
    DSCF0739.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 184
  • DSCF0740.jpg
    DSCF0740.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 185
  • DSCF0741.jpg
    DSCF0741.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 184

Mel-D

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mel
Drive
2012 Ford Focus ST Manual,Tangerine. Evo 6 Blue manual.Had 2004 XR6 Falcon M11 Auto,Yellow GT stripes. 1999 Legnum Manual,White
Man that sucks big time. Sorry to hear about that,what a bitch.
If you had the lifters replaced and it"s been making a strange sound, I"m thinking they "ve stuffed the instalation up on the lifters or done something else wrong.

How long ago did they replace them? from what you said was It only a couple of day ago.
I would think that the car would be very quiet after lifters just being replaced, sound sus to me. Mind you i don't know that much about cars just basics.

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
sorry to hear about this Q.. but I'm pretty sure you'll get it up and running in no time.. specially with BradBrad around..

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
Mate, I feel your pain! It hurts to have our VR4s off the road...

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
I'm pretty sure the old owner knew there was a problem, he probably had it looked at and his mech said.. either get it fix or get rid of it..

dimi_108

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dimi
Drive
NSX/Magna/M5
That's effed.
How long have you had the car for? The reason I ask this is because in all honesty, you can't really hold the previous owner responsible or expect him to pay (unless you had just purchased it a week ago, then okay, fair enough).

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
Dimi, I think it was picked up by Quinton last weekend and this was the first long trip in it.

M0R81U5

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mick
Drive
PFL Legnum
Sorry to hear this dude....but almost everytime someone does an all out crazy rebuild it starts with an event like this.

You know what you must do(y)

G

Unregistered
not even 6 days of owning it and yes 1st long trip..
yea um as for Rad rebuild... hmmm lets just say,i cant wait.. she is off the road now for good until iv done the engine .. the evo10 will need to be put off for longer now due to this but as you say good things come form bad things lol...
thanx for the support guys

mephisto

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Matt
Drive
Galant VR-4 PFL
Sorry to hear that mate, I've had some trouble with the vr4 just after buying it too, and while it sucks now it'll be great once it's back on the road with a few mods :)

Top Bottom