Tools for your Workshop & VR4

junior

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Gary
Drive
2000 Type S Legnum
One of these suckers.....cause I am always dropping nuts and bolts where my fat hands cant reach!!!

Gary

Attachments

• Magnet.jpg
    Magnet.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 155

Buckas

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dan
Drive
97 manual legnum
Giant f**k off sledge hammer. When other tools etc break these dont. Fisher and i have used them countless times to access cv joints etc (only on his 4wds, not mine :))

also handy for smashing stuff when you get frustrated. this or a boxing bag in the garage are definitely worth it, dont take it out on the car

Kitty's VR4

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Kat
Drive
Legnum, Audi RS6
KINCROME - Double Action - 500Ml Suction Pump

DualSuctionPump.jpg

Pull the handle and its sucks 500mls from container through a 1 metre hose, push the handle and it quickly delivers 500ml of fluid through another 1 meter hose to A/T or AYC Sumps... Bought one at the weekend, Brilliant....

These fit perfectly into A/T Dipstick tube and AYC Sump Fill hole, absolutely perfect.

Fantasic for AYC & Auto Trans Flushing

Now the good news, they're on special till the 30th of April for $39.95 the RRP is $59.95 from your local Auto-One store!

""It's a KINCROME promotion so they're probably available from other retailer's""

KINCROME Part # - K-8015

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
Kitty.. that does look good.. will be getting one soon.. I wonder if they sell it at autobarn or repco..

Kenneth

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Kenneth
Drive
1999 Galant VR-4
Fluid transfer pump is one of the best investments (not to mention a cheap one) I have ever made. If you hadn't posted it Kat, I was going to! (Was thinking about it 2 weeks ago when doing the fluids in my Galant)

Have had one for years now. Transfer case fills in 2 pumps, as does the rear diff. Gearbox is about 7, depending on if you have to swap oil containers (i.e. you have the oil in 1 quart containers...)

G

Unregistered
That does look good Kat. I've been using a Tom Thumb Utility Pump up to now but it pumps out only, no suction. They are kind of slow, but get the job done and are good for when you need to keep track of how much fluid you've used. They have a handy hook for hanging on the diff filler holes etc and hold 1 litre with markings every 100ml. I got it from Autobarn.

Attachments

• prod_1190941767.jpg
    prod_1190941767.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 106

matchtheclown

Time p33nt
First Name
hugh
Drive
99 VR-4 Type S Man
That does look good Kat. I've been using a Tom Thumb Utility Pump up to now but it pumps out only, no suction. They are kind of slow, but get the job done and are good for when you need to keep track of how much fluid you've used. They have a handy hook for hanging on the diff filler holes etc and hold 1 litre with markings every 100ml. I got it from Autobarn.

I have one of these. Worked well enough for changing gearbox / transfer case oils.

My must have tool is a set of metric Stanley long sockets. Impossible to do your engine mounts without something like them.

These KC ones would do the job. http://www.kctools.com.au/products/professional/socketsets_deep_12.html

Also I'm not sure if my mate still does, but he used to be able to get KC tools at trade prices. I can find out if anyone is keen. I got a set of hex head 1/2" sockets for ~$30 delivered. Not sure if that's good or not.

matchtheclown

Time p33nt
First Name
hugh
Drive
99 VR-4 Type S Man
I picked up an electric rattle gun / torque wrench today.

It's actually to crack the front sprocket nut on my zx10.... but I'm sure it will come in handy taking wheel nuts on / off too.

matchtheclown

Time p33nt
First Name
hugh
Drive
99 VR-4 Type S Man
I picked up an Ozito brand (cheapest) $79 from bunnings rattle gun.

Worked with it last night. I don't know how I have worked on cars / bikes for so long without one. Imagine never having to use a breaker bar again. Undoing everything becomes a breeze.

I'm pretty stoked about it obviously :)

It's got a 1/2" socket head and does 320nm torque. It is pretty large, so probably wont get into any sneaky spots in the engine bay... but from experience not much in the engine bay is over torqued.

Ozito has a 3 year replacement warranty. Which works a breeze at bunnings, take any thrashed out tool back with the receipt and they replace no questions. I have replaced a cheap hammer drill 3 times this way and a whipper snipper once.

Anyhow, rattle gun. Best tool I have purchased in a long time.

G

Unregistered
Supercheap have a 1/2" 420 ft-lb (570 Nm) rattle gun and 11 piece impact socket set combo for $99 at the moment on special.

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
KINCROME - Double Action - 500Ml Suction Pump

Pull the handle and its sucks 500mls from container through a 1 metre hose, push the handle and it quickly delivers 500ml of fluid through another 1 meter hose to A/T or AYC Sumps... Bought one at the weekend, Brilliant....

These fit perfectly into A/T Dipstick tube and AYC Sump Fill hole, absolutely perfect.

Fantasic for AYC & Auto Trans Flushing

Now the good news, they're on special till the 30th of April for $39.95 the RRP is $59.95 from your local Auto-One store!

""It's a KINCROME promotion so they're probably available from other retailer's""

KINCROME Part # - K-8015

Brilliant!

I was about to get two one-way valves and make my own with an ordinary oil suction gun, but this is heaps better :D

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
2000 Mitsubishi Legnum Type S
K8017_A.JPG
Panel removing tools, great for getting door trims and interior panels off without damaging anything.

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
here are some pics of the tools I contributed to my dad's shed/workshop

TIG & MMA welding unit (has Inverter and is 200amps) - and recently bought the trolley for it.. :)
IMG_0277.jpg

IMG_0278.jpg

Crox Tool otherwise commonly known as "lip tool" - bought this couple of years ago from Trademe NZ.. a very old unit but construction of it is very solid, I've used it on 2mm tin & aluminum and it had no problem.. apart from my arm hurting..
IMG_0280.jpg

Top Bottom