TTVR4 is no more

gorgath

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Irwin
Drive
1997 Legnum RED!!!
Sad to hear dude but on the other hand, it is good that you are ok.

Having a second of selling parts?

TTVR4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Robert
Drive
99 Galant, black, Sunroof, manual, Recaros
thanx for the support ppl, i am a little bruised and battered but other than that all OK. I was the only person in the car as i was going to work.

you cant really see in the pics but the roof has creases right up and past the 'B' pillar, my drrivers seat is fukd as when the car stopped moving i was laying down (smashed the adjuster)..

So my next news is good and bad for all..
My car is pretty much a front cut now as the arse end is a little dented. I am going to buy the wreck back from the insaurance company so i can get my mags, stereo and ecu back. but the rest for the car will be up for grabs. That is the good news'
the bad news is due to work and my kids it is probably going to be come and get the bits off yourself, and i am only going to half 2 weeks to strip it as it will be in my parents back yard. after that 2 weeks it has to go.
so i will keep post when it is geting closer to the day i get it back..

and yes to all i will prob get another but it will must certainly be a facelift model, i will just put my flashable ecu in it..

TomTom

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Mitsubishi Legnum VR-4 Type S
Bugger, just before your new bulbs arrive! Hope the black side indicators survived :D

See you soon in a Series 2!

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
first dibs on the ecu if MH7202, front wheel arch plastic thingy, Y Pipe, 2 turbos, both exhaust manifold, gauge cluster and surround and headlights.. :)

sorry i know I'm being an a$$ but you know why..

TTVR4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Robert
Drive
first dibs on the ecu if MH7202, front wheel arch plastic thingy, Y Pipe, 2 turbos, both exhaust manifold, gauge cluster and surround and headlights.. :)

sorry i know I'm being an a$$ but you know why..

hehe..
i already got dibs onthe ecu, and yes it is a 7202. it was in my list of things i am keeping, i am going to put it in the feacelift i buy

G

Unregistered
Hey Robert real sorry about the bingle.
I do have to say that if you are going to be in an accident to kop it in the rear is about as good as you can get. HAHA in the rear yes u sikos.
I mean you do get the proper insurance money and all the good bits are there for the taking.
My sugestion is that if one of the members in QLD has some space you guys stick the car there for the parts as if you only got 2 weeks at your parents then that wont be enough.
There was a black manual at auctions in japan and a really nice car as well so sucks its gone.
I will keep an eye out for you so maybee just buy a $500 run around and order a really nice replacement but that will take a month or two.

Hey Christian you sure you dont want dibs on the rear tail lights as well.

happymatch

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
jono
Drive
Maza Astina 323, Merc C Kompressor
wow. sorry to hear this... it is good that you are not that injured.
I will be at qld on21 oct. it si too late to pick-up something?
If it is not too late, may i put my hands up for engine cover (if it is not broken),

CLuTZ

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andre
Drive
C73A Lancer GSR, G6E Turbo MK2
Jeez mate that is a huge hit! Any pics of the taxi?

G

Unregistered
With buying it back from the insurance company... I looked into doing that as well, but they were gonna charge me something like 12k for the wreck. So I let the thing go to auction, and Benny (Just Plain Nuts) came away with it for a steal. But by that time any bolt on bits would have been snapped up by anyone with access to it. Just something to think about.

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
Oh man that's a pretty hefty hit ! :(

Nitephyre

Flaccid Member
Lifetime Member
First Name
Matt :)
Drive
1963 Toyota Lite-Stout & 2007 Toyota Blade Master G
Jesus ****.

Glad you're OK mate, but RIP one nice black Galant :(

If it has the stock air box, I'm interested in the rubber grommet that goes around the air filter to seal it properly, as my car doesn't have one.

TTVR4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Robert
Drive
heres an update..
my baby is home and tucked into bed. the insaurance company has agreed to sell it back to me, it is just the price i am waiting for.
i just need to get some panel beaters to write me up some quotes to repair or just a letter saying it is a write off.
anyone know a panel beater on the bayside..

so i cant part with any parts until the insaurance company says it is mine again.

Attachments

• DSC01302fh.jpg
    DSC01302fh.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 62

TTVR4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Robert
Drive
also ppl,
what is a ball park figure i should be working around as a price to buy it back off the insaurance?

bogan bob

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Dion
Drive
'15 Amarok
jesus christ and monkey balls!!!! thats a serious hit!!!!

Given the front hasnt had any other accidents, id say 2.5 would be fair?

Has the exhaust rammed up and done any damage to the engine at all?

G

Unregistered
Glad to hear you are ok. Damn, what was he/she doing When it hit you? reading the newspaper?!!
Maybe you can make it into a beach buggy?!;)

Be mindful of the insurane company's first offer. It may be that they are under cutting the value. (Down side being, if you do argue the value they might draw the whole thing out..)

Ah, gone are the days when you owned your car and they left it to you after the accident:cautious:. I could only hazard a guess as to their value in auction. Maybe the combined values of the saleable parts? A frontcut- $2000-?

brocky-x , Yes, got to watch out for those 'opportunistic' types, they can strip a dreamcar in minutes!! I losst a set of tyres out of my car just shipping it..

Rasi

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mike
Drive
2001 Nissan Elgrand - Previously the "best" factory optioned 2000 Legnum (manual, suade recaros)hehe
My brother recently wrote off his car (R33 Skyline) and the damage didn't seem as bad as yours. The insurance company only wanted $2000 for it. I tried to convince him to get it as he would have had the gearbox etc that would bolt straight up to his S15... he is now regretting it.

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
Holy Crap! Just been away for a week... sounds like you're ok but jeez.

VR4Rocket

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kevin
Drive
Was a Ralliart Colt, was a 1997 Toyota Aristo was a 1996 Legnum..Now an XR5 Turbo
Hmmmm bit of a thread hijack...but did anyone ever know what happened to my old car?

Top Bottom