UmYeahESP aka Kris // BrisVegas - QLD

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Welcome Kris, I got a gut-wrenching pang reading you'd gotten rid of such a gorgeous 260Z, but hey life's like that. I look forward to seeing what you do with both the Legnum and the GTiR in the coming months!

Dr_Josh001

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Josh
Drive
96 Galant VR-4 Auto
Hey Kris,

A belated welcome from me!:D

Awesome cars dude. Looks like a coal pile in the background of the GTiR pic. Is that near a mine? (I used to live in Mackay & work in the mines).

G

Unregistered
SiliconAngel - Yeah I felt sick the day I handed over the keys. Really wish I could have kept it, but there's always something new to look forward to. Was definately a head turner.

Dr_Josh001 - It was actually taken out near one of the sugar mills just outside of town. There's a little railway bridge going overhead and seemed to be a good place for some pics. Those pics are a little old now, the car has since been retinted, lowered (TEIN Super Streets), etc. I'd put up some current shots but the car is half stripped out and getting ready to be sent to Brisbane with the rest of my gear. Once I'm there it'll be time for a respray (Thinking a metallic/candy gunmetal colour. Similar to the Typhoons and Mazda 6's) and engine delooming before rebuilding again. It'll be a long process, but will definately be fun.

G

Unregistered
Haha, a lot of you guys seem to be interested in the 260Z so I figured I'd chuck up a couple of more pics so you can tell me what an idiot I am for selling it. :rolleyes:

7-1.jpg

260zinterior.jpg

11.jpg

2-1.jpg

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Dude that's hot... There are VERY few cars of that vintage that grab my attention, but that is gorgeous.

G

Unregistered
Ahhh well, life moves on and there are new cars to mod now :D

Murph

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Justin
Drive
Legnum/4WD TD Hilux/260Z
Justin - Any chance on getting some pics of your Z? Any mods done to it?
http://justmurph.com/pics/zed/
She's fairly stockish. Fresh L26 I built a year ago, higher compression and a mild cam. Mechanically solid, but a rough body unfortunately. :(

18x8.5 35mm with 225/40/18 is exactly what 'Gly' has on his car, check out his thread for pics of his car
He has rolled inner guards. They'll scrape otherwise.

I'll be really keen to see how the wide tracks look on a white leggy, as they were a set of rims I was considering for mine.

G

Unregistered
Dammit... What if I went with 18x8.5 +35 and 225/35/18?? Will the extra tyre stretch give it enough room? Failing that, what's some other size suggestions?

Your Z is a nice and clean example! Great starting point for future mods :D

Murph

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Justin
Drive
Legnum/4WD TD Hilux/260Z
Not sure, don't think it'll clear. You can always get the inner guard lipped.
I've decided to stick with 18x8s in a 35 offset. They will clear.

What I'm actually looking at now are these in a 17x8. Just having trouble finding something I like i a 18x8 and the right offset.....besides 17" is probably a bit more sensible. :)
gramlights.jpg

G

Unregistered
Another Z bites the dust then eh? Hope the sale goes well for you mate.

Hmmm, I might just have to resign myself to the fact that I'll have to roll the guards. I don't really want to drop back to an 8" rim as I really want them to fill the guards completely and give it a wider stance. Then again, I could always go with a 8" wide rim and chuck some small spacers on... Bah, decisions, decisions.

Murph

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Justin
Drive
Legnum/4WD TD Hilux/260Z
Another Z bites the dust then eh? Hope the sale goes well for you mate.

Hmmm, I might just have to resign myself to the fact that I'll have to roll the guards. I don't really want to drop back to an 8" rim as I really want them to fill the guards completely and give it a wider stance. Then again, I could always go with a 8" wide rim and chuck some small spacers on... Bah, decisions, decisions.

Go an 8" rim with a slightly smaller offset to achieve the same thing.

G

Unregistered
Yeah I was just having a look at that... Could go 18x8 +32 (If it's available).

Thanks for the input Justin, much appreciated!

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
Rolling the guards is easy, just do that.

225/35/18 tyres are under the normal stock rolling radius, I'd stick with 225/40/18 if you really want 18's. I personally think my 17x9.5" wheels look better and are lighter than 18's too :)

G

Unregistered
Actually, I just realised that the Wide Tracks only come in 18x8 anyways. I guess that's made the decision for me :D

I'm not too bothered about the weight of the 18's either, I'm not planning on using the Legnum as a track car, that's what the GTiR is for :p

Thanks for the advice though.

G

Unregistered
Argggh, not only do the Wide Tracks only come in 18x8, but they also only come in +40 offset too! I don't think 18x8 +40 is going to fit as nice as I'd like...

Time to start searching for different rims.

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Yea Kris, take a look through the What Rims for your VR4 thread, I'm pretty sure someone mentioned a number of the Lenso rims won't fit due to stupid offsets unfortunately.

G

Unregistered
Trevor - Yeah I've already scoured through that page, lol. I didn't see anything mentioned about the Wide Tracks, but I did see that the Lenso DC5's were no longer an option (Although, the DC6's would still fit). I might even look at splurging on a set of Volk CE28's if it means I'll get the exact size I'm after.

Murph - Thanks mate, but definately looking for something in 18". :(

Top Bottom