UmYeahESP aka Kris // BrisVegas - QLD

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
18x8 40mm will be fine. EVO rims are 17x8 38mm and they are pretty much just on the guard, you'd never notice the 2mm difference!

G

Unregistered
Still searching for rims, I'm keeping the Widetracks as a possible option. Not sure if 18x8 +40 would rub on the rears, might have to roll the gaurds a little...

Anyways, just installed a Boost Controller and wound it up to 14-15psi. Incredible difference really, seems like it pulls a bit harder throughout the whole rev range instead of only up to 5,500rpm. DIdn't hit boost cut at all which was a little surprising, perhaps it might occur in winter when the air get's colder/denser.

Still waiting for my TEIN GT Wagons to arrive, but in the meantime have ordered 3 DEFI styled gauges (Boost, Oil Pressure & A/F) to mount where the clock is. I saw another member on here with that setup and thought it was absolutely perfect! Keeps everything looking stock/stealth.

Murph

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Justin
Drive
Legnum/4WD TD Hilux/260Z
Hang on....isn't an 8" wheel at a +35 offset supposed to be a "perfect fitment"? If that's the case, the 8" at +40 will be sitting the wheel 5mm further in from the wheel arches? If so, why would they need rolling?

I really just want to clear up what actually fits with out rolling guards.

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
8" with 35mm looks perfect, but you will need to roll the guards with it.

My car with 17x8" 38mm evo 7 wheels and 235/45/17 tyres was terrible, it rubbed when going around roundabouts at *normal person* speeds :)

Murph

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Justin
Drive
Legnum/4WD TD Hilux/260Z
Thanks for the info brad. With your evo wheels and the 235s, how much clearance was there on the inside?

Murph

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Justin
Drive
Legnum/4WD TD Hilux/260Z
So an 8" rim with 235s and a 235 tire would probably just fit on both sides with a +40 offset. That opens up a whole new range of wheel possibilities. :)

G

Unregistered
Yes, from what I gather that would fit fine.

18x8 +35 should also fit without issues
18x8.5 +35 with 225/40 tyres would fit with slight rolling on the inside

G

Unregistered
Well I'm finally in Brisbane. Living in Forest Lakes until the place we applied for in the Valley is available. My TEIN Super Wagon's arrived the other day too after Australia post lost them (long story), so I'll install them this weekend and take some pics.

Looking forward to meeting a few guys at the next QLD meet ;)

G

Unregistered
Sounds good mate, I hope I can make it as well! I have to fly back up to Mackay sometime this month to pick up the GTiR so hopefully it doesn't end up being that same weekend :D

G

Unregistered
Haha, I should be saying that to you :p

haha cheers mate, noticed from your post your from Forest Lake, I live about 20 mins away in Sinnamon Park.

Will surely have to go for a cruise once the car lands!

Top Bottom