UTCOMP installation

Kaldek

2 AYC Bars
First Name
Ed
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Manual, Ford Territory family runabout, BMW K1300R.
My tactrix is gone cant find anywhere. Thatsthe problem. Dont u have the data when making the equation ed?
LOL no I didn't keep all the original calculations. I'll have to run them again. I have all the Tactrix stuff.

If you're desperate I'll try to make time for it this week.

ersanalamin

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ersan Al Amin
Drive
Year 2000 EA5A => FL EC5A
LOL no I didn't keep all the original calculations. I'll have to run them again. I have all the Tactrix stuff.

If you're desperate I'll try to make time for it this week.

Yes please ed do it for me pleaseeee :)

Kaldek

2 AYC Bars
First Name
Ed
Drive
For those of you running UTCOMP and know that the newer versions (3.6+ or so) require different temperature calculations, here are the values for engine coolant temperature:

R25: 653 (ohm)
Beta: 3038 (K)

This calculation is based off EvoScan 2.9 data, using the "Coolant Temp" value, minus 8 degrees. The reason for coolant temp -8 is that EvoScan reads high by about 8 degrees (confirmed by @TME_Steve ). The calculations also use a VREF of 5v not 5.2v, as this signal is tapped from the ECU, not from the UTCOMP reference.

@ersanalamin you wanted this data too if I recall.

ersanalamin

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ersan Al Amin
Drive
For those of you running UTCOMP and know that the newer versions (3.6+ or so) require different temperature calculations, here are the values for engine coolant temperature:

This calculation is based off EvoScan 2.9 data, using the "Coolant Temp" value, minus 8 degrees. The reason for coolant temp -8 is that EvoScan reads high by about 8 degrees (confirmed by @TME_Steve ). The calculations also use a VREF of 5v not 5.2v, as this signal is tapped from the ECU, not from the UTCOMP reference.

Yesssss at last. many thanks mate. Ilove it. And my car is in the middle of (again) half OH process. ha ha ha. will try soon. thanks again mate, I really apreciate it

rbrtpalin

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Robert
Drive
VR-4 Galant 1996 Model
Yeh, thanks Ed!
Your thread/ posts have been invaluable to me for installing my UT Comp pro. Awesome mod.

ersanalamin

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ersan Al Amin
Drive

Hi ed. Are you sure ur calibration equation is correct? Wonder why temperature never exceed 75 degree? I might something missing in filling the equation on utcomp but thats whats going on my car right now

Kaldek

2 AYC Bars
First Name
Ed
Drive
Hi ed. Are you sure ur calibration equation is correct? Wonder why temperature never exceed 75 degree? I might something missing in filling the equation on utcomp but thats whats going on my car right now
Yeah those might be a little off, as I have made changes recently. I'll update.

ersanalamin

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ersan Al Amin
Drive
OK my new figures are R25=835.0 and Beta=3477.00

Hi ed, still not perfect mate. when engine fully warm up still show 74 - 75 celcius, while radiator water freely flow when temperature exceed 80 celcius. did u ever triy it urself?

James01Leg

Idling at the Lights
First Name
James
Drive
01 Legnum
99 Evo 6
Hi guys,
Does anyone know how to work the injector pulse on larger injectors rather than stock ones for the it comp. Have 1250cc ones going on mine during the build and need to work out a value for them.

rbrtpalin

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Robert
Drive
VR-4 Galant 1996 Model
Wow 1250cc is massive!
Not too sure, imagine you need Evoscan to get a figure. If it’s for the fuel consumption/ trip monitor, there is on write up on here that tells you what to do. Go for a couple drives after filling up etc and that gives you your average to input.

Kaldek

2 AYC Bars
First Name
Ed
Drive
Hi ed, still not perfect mate. when engine fully warm up still show 74 - 75 celcius, while radiator water freely flow when temperature exceed 80 celcius. did u ever triy it urself?
Hi @ersanalamin no it's turned out to still be incorrect and about 5-8 degrees low. Due to the way the NTC sensor works I actually need to get the engine a lot hotter than 85C so that the excel spreadsheet based calculator to be correct, because these sensors really start to rapidly change in resistance as they heat up (i.e. it's not a straight line).

Kaldek

2 AYC Bars
First Name
Ed
Drive
OK @ersanalamin I've re-calculated these. I left the cooling fans disconnected to force the car to heat up and I only included values from 77C (corrected from EvoScan data) to 102C. Those readings were 85C and 110C in EvoScan which as we know reads about 8C high.

The resulting calibration is R25=637 and Beta=2854

Let me know how you go.

@TME_Steve I also replaced the dash coolant sensor. It - so far - appears to behave more normally. Previously with the reported EvoScan temps hitting 110C (uncorrected) the dash needle would start to climb.

douwboy

Leaving Skid Marks
Premium Member
First Name
Joshua
Drive
2000 Legnum pearl white, manual, sunroof
Alright so i have a question about the UT comp pro. I recently added a Turbo smart FPR and i'm running a 150PSI Pressure Transducer Sensor 1/8 off it into the UT comp it has all been wired up correctly by a friend of mine who used to own a UT comp in his car so i know it's wired up right, but i cannot find it when i plug in the laptop and connect to the UT comp module. I am running software version 3.3. I have tried updating to the latest firmware and software but then it won't let me connect to the module. I can only connect to the module with version 3.3. How can i display my fuel pressure on the UT comp pro. Anyone have any suggestions?

rbrtpalin

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Robert
Drive
VR-4 Galant 1996 Model
No real suggestions other than turn it all off/ unplug it all and plug it back in. Usually works a treat for me!
Maybe check voltage in the lines and where you have plugged it into the utcomp is correct. Took me a few times to get it all right.

Kaldek

2 AYC Bars
First Name
Ed
Drive
I am running software version 3.3. I have tried updating to the latest firmware and software but then it won't let me connect to the module. I can only connect to the module with version 3.3. How can i display my fuel pressure on the UT comp pro. Anyone have any suggestions?

First up, you need to eradicate the version issues by getting updated. There are instructions on the UTCOMP website for performing a full recovery of the module but you will need to pull all power from it. Disconnect the UTCOMP "Module" (seems that's what you're calling the black box where all the cables go to) from all cables and wait at least 5 minutes.

Next, uninstall UTCOMP 3.3 from your laptop and ensure the only copy installed is UTCOMP 3.8.1. With all other cables disconnected from the UTCOMP "module", connect your PC to the UTCOMP via USB. It should ask you to update the UTCOMP and you can then follow the instructions to complete that process.

Once you're up to date you can tweak all your inputs to see the input you want to use for fuel pressure.

douwboy

Leaving Skid Marks
Premium Member
First Name
Joshua
Drive
2000 Legnum pearl white, manual, sunroof
Alright i got it all up and working again and i just need to calibrate the fuel pressure because i have never set it up before. Ed you wouldn't happen to know the fuel pressure settings to punch in if you do that would be a great help. And how bloody annoying is it on the new update they went to how many hours you have left in your tank not how many k's. Hope they change that back.

Top Bottom