UTCOMP installation

Kaldek

2 AYC Bars
First Name
Ed
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Manual, Ford Territory family runabout, BMW K1300R.
wow quick action ed :D :D. very cheap. i spent 350 AUD off ebay (tax included) to get that lc2. i put the lamda sensor under passenger seat (lower right), theres a hole for rear lamda sensor cable available for non turbo galant. so the lamda control placed between front and rear ayc sensor and i end up with 3 feet sensor cable. dont forget to give the sensor power a bosch relay to protect the lamda module and alleviate electrical noise.
Yeah I have a relay already, I just don't use it yet. My current AEM gauge is not filtered but probably should be.

As for the speed, I'll be selling my AEM gauge and sensor, and my AEM boost gauge and sensor. It helped me justify getting the LC-2.

My custom exhaust has two O2 sensor bungs. Since I'll be simulating narrowband with the LC-2 though, I'll only be using one.

ersanalamin

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ersan Al Amin
Drive
Year 2000 EA5A => FL EC5A
Yeah I have a relay already, I just don't use it yet. My current AEM gauge is not filtered but probably should be.

As for the speed, I'll be selling my AEM gauge and sensor, and my AEM boost gauge and sensor. It helped me justify getting the LC-2.

My custom exhaust has two O2 sensor bungs. Since I'll be simulating narrowband with the LC-2 though, I'll only be using one.

What benefit simulating narrowband with the LC-2? BTW the main reason i stick with LC1/LC2 innovate product is compatibilty with tactrix 2,0 openport hence ease with rom mapping. we can use AEM uego too, but i prefer lc2 to do the job

Kaldek

2 AYC Bars
First Name
Ed
Drive
Today I fitted the LC-2 (works great) and also my GM 3-Bar MAP sensor.

I realised after doing this I had previously stuffed up the MAP sensor calibration details. It was way off - 28psi of boost would have read 45psi on the UTCOMP. I have seen the error of my ways and corrected the calibration info in the previous post #146

Gav

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gav
Drive
Galant
Quick question can they be set up for exhaust temp at all.

Grid

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tomasz
Drive
Legnum 6A13TT, Galant 6A13
Reactions: Gav

Kaldek

2 AYC Bars
First Name
Ed
Drive
The price before shipping for the full 2-channel kit is $132 AUD (converted from Polish Zloty). They input into one of the ADC ports for each sensor. This means that you may not have enough sensors to monitor everything. I've used all my ADC ports already - oil pressure, fuel pressure, engine temperature, and wideband O2.

ersanalamin

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ersan Al Amin
Drive
HI BTW ed any update on digital clock calibration? seen lately the clock come slower than it must be

Kaldek

2 AYC Bars
First Name
Ed
Drive
HI BTW ed any update on digital clock calibration? seen lately the clock come slower than it must be
Nope, mine's accurate. There's a clock skew setting in the UTCOMP programming tool; I haven't investigated it though. Check the manual I'm sure it will tell you how to correct a slow/fast clock.

James01Leg

Idling at the Lights
First Name
James
Drive
01 Legnum
99 Evo 6
Hi Guys,
I have set up my reveltronics unit to display the fuel consumption but my unit never seems to reset the fuel tank level. How do you get the display to reset when you refill the tank?

Kaldek

2 AYC Bars
First Name
Ed
Drive
Hi Guys,
I have set up my reveltronics unit to display the fuel consumption but my unit never seems to reset the fuel tank level. How do you get the display to reset when you refill the tank?

I just follow what the manual says to do:

upload_2017-1-11_17-49-41.png

You can also do this from the fuel gauge screen too if you don't have the tacho screen enabled.

James01Leg

Idling at the Lights
First Name
James
Drive
01 Legnum
99 Evo 6
I just follow what the manual says to do:

You can also do this from the fuel gauge screen too if you don't have the tacho screen enabled.

Awesome. Does this mean if the rpm is not setup properly it will not read fuel tank distance properly? What value do you put in the multiplier for hall sensor calibration for rpm setup?

Reactions: Gav

Kaldek

2 AYC Bars
First Name
Ed
Drive
Awesome. Does this mean if the rpm is not setup properly it will not read fuel tank distance properly? What value do you put in the multiplier for hall sensor calibration for rpm setup?
No need for any of that hall sensor malarkey. All you need is to be monitoring the injector pulses (which you are obviously already doing) and the UTCOMP calculates rpm from there.

If you haven't set your injection constant correctly, you will get incorrect fuel readings. If you have stock injectors the constant needs to be about 0.00572. Using that you should get to around 1-1.5 litre accuracy on the gauge.

Kaldek

2 AYC Bars
First Name
Ed
Drive
All stock apart from injectors and walbro 255lph

My vss is 0.3920
Inj pulse 0.00903
I now have the bigger injectors and the values are the same. 0.00903 (or thereabouts).

These are the ID1000 injectors @TME_Steve sells.

ersanalamin

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ersan Al Amin
Drive
Hi guys. Installing new utcomp 3 pro firmware 3.6 version and engine temp sensor fail to read correctly. Anybody has new equation for stock eng coolant sensor? According to new software new equation is 2 variable and was 3 variable. Please help

Kaldek

2 AYC Bars
First Name
Ed
Drive
Hi guys. Installing new utcomp 3 pro firmware 3.6 version and engine temp sensor fail to read correctly. Anybody has new equation for stock eng coolant sensor? According to new software new equation is 2 variable and was 3 variable. Please help
Yeah same issue here. I have been holding off the update due to this.

The solution is to grab his Excel file that does the calculation first. Next run evoscan while monitoring the ECU engine temperature in Evoscan and the sensor voltage in utcomp live data.

Do this on a cold engine and mark a few temp/voltage data points. Put those in the excel and it will calculate the data you need to enter into utcomp.

ersanalamin

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ersan Al Amin
Drive
Yeah same issue here. I have been holding off the update due to this.

The solution is to grab his Excel file that does the calculation first. Next run evoscan while monitoring the ECU engine temperature in Evoscan and the sensor voltage in utcomp live data.

Do this on a cold engine and mark a few temp/voltage data points. Put those in the excel and it will calculate the data you need to enter into utcomp.

My tactrix is gone cant find anywhere. Thatsthe problem. Dont u have the data when making the equation ed?

Top Bottom