Vacuum hose for blow off valve

wesleyong

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Wes
Drive
Lancer wagon 4G93T / 1999 Legnum VR-4
Hi guys,

I am installing a BOV to my Legnum, however am not sure where the stock BOV vacuum hose was originally sourced from.

I bought my Legnum with BOV removed and had aftermarket IC piping. Would someone be able to please help me out...maybe include a photo of where the stock BOV vacuum pipe ends up? I've done heaps of searches to find photos of the stock BOV but still haven't been able to figure it out.

Much appreciated guys, thanks in advance!

Wes

G

Unregistered
It comes from just above the BOV, the hard BOV line comes down from above and is fixed to the side of the intercooler hard piping. See the pic below.

Attachments

• bov-hose-fitting.jpg
    bov-hose-fitting.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 201

wesleyong

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Wes
Drive
Thanks heaps!

I have aftermarket intercooler piping, so I believe the trace of that hard vacuum piping near the BOV is no longer there....

If you follow that hard vacuum pipe, where does it end up?

Thanks again mate, I really appreciate your help!

G

Unregistered
Normally the hard vacuum piping goes upwards to where the flexible intercooler piping connects. Then a rubber vacuum hose connects here and jumps over to next to the engine, just behind where the engine lift point is. Some more pics below.

After that, the hard vacuum piping continues around to the rear of the engine out of view to where yet another small section of rubber vacuum hose makes the final link to the plenum.

Attachments

• bov-hose-fitting2.jpg
    bov-hose-fitting2.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 214
  • bov-hose-fitting3.jpg
    bov-hose-fitting3.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 215
  • bov-hose-fitting4.jpg
    bov-hose-fitting4.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 213

wesleyong

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Wes
Drive
Mate, you are a legend. Thank you so much!

Top Bottom