[VIC] 100,000km service - Locations and experiences.

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
I thought I'd start a list here of people and places whom have carried out the 100,000km service on our beloved beasties. Inspired from the Western Australian section, I thought well... why not?

This first post will be edited as time goes on of course! Ideas may include:

-Where you sourced parts from (Ralliart NZ, eBay, etc).

-Where you got the service done (how much for, how long did they have the car, were you happy with it?)

-What you got done (this may sound silly of course, but some only elect for timing belt, water pump, hydraulic lifters, etc and leave the fluids for themselves).

______________________________________________________________________________________

Contact for Parts:

Bill Morton, RalliArt New Zealand,
email: admin@ralliartnz.co.nz
+64 9525 3087

Meek Automotive (NSW)
http://www.meek.com.au/index.php?act=viewCat&catId=60
02 9769 1586

Servicing:

Tech///Sport
http://www.techsport.com.au/
3 Power Street, Bayswater 3153
Ph: 03 9720 9300 Fax: 03 9720 7727
(mookers)

Chasers Automotive
http://www.chasers.com.au/profile.htm
Factory 4/440 Dynon Road, West Melbourne 3003
Ph: 03 9687 7118 or 0438 668880 Fax: 03 9689 3988
(kiwibstokes)

"A Knowledgable Mate"
His/Her Backyard :D
(jet150)

Fire Away!

jet150

Anyone thirsty?
Premium Member
First Name
Rob
Drive
VR4
This is my 100,000km service story

Service parts from Ralliart NZ group buy organised by smohekey $525 delivered.

Fitted by my mate in his backyard for $400

Took 9 hours.

Plus oil, coolant and tie rods changed. (2xcomplete tie rods $98 delivered ebay US)

Very happy.

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
I just had mine done yesterday.

Parts: obtained from Japan. Cost appx AUD$800.

(edit: note that these are genuine mitsi parts, perhaps causing the price difference)

What: Timing belt, water pump, tensioners etc. Also had transfer case and rear diff oil changed, and AYC serviced. (Engine and manual gearbox oil were done 2000 kms ago)

Where: Tech///Sport. Labour cost $735, took them all day. They have been great to deal with both times I have taken my car there.

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
Just contacted Bill and the reply for parts were:

Timing Belt $171
Timing belt tensioner pulley $43
Timing belt tensioner adjuster $138
Timing belt idler pulley $50
Water pump $300
Alternator belt $24
Power steering belt $50
Thermostat $24

All prices in $NZD.

Bennoz mentioned that you can source parts for the 6A13TT from his FTO turbo conversion here:

bennoz said:
Part numbers & trade prices:
Water pump TF4012 (Trueflow) - $88.60
P/S & Air con belt B6PK1055 - $22.00 (35mm shorter than the FTO belt)
Alternator belt B4PK0950 - $16.40 (30mm shorter than FTO belts)

G

Unregistered
Gavin, do you know if those parts from NZ are all genuine Mitsubishi items or if there are any aftermarket substitutions?

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
I'm making a big assumption here. Just got off the phone to Bill and they're being posted today.

Will find out when they get here on Monday.

kiwibstokes

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Bryan
Drive
2000 Legnum Type-S
Mine was done at chasers in Kensington, they sourced the parts etc for me just had to give a couple weeks notice. Now i had brembos fitted etc at the same time and other little things done so can't remember a exact price for the service, they also had the car 2/3 days.

I didn't mind the service but they said they didn't like working on the VR4 motor just as they don't like the FTO one, not something you want to here from your mechanic, but still a fairly professional place otherwise, good for the west/north side of town.

And on the side i used techsport for my lifters ayc and full service and their service is A+, just wish they were closer to me

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
There's definitely a price difference between MEEK's $120AUD aftermarket water pump (listed as such) compared to the $300NZD I am getting in from RalliArt NZ.

Everyone, thanks so far for chippin' in to get things started. First post edited :)

Peter_D

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Pete
Drive
Cab Colt & Evo 6
As this grows it might be a idea to separate by State.

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
Well Pete, I guess the initial idea is for servicing per state, but then again we seem to be sourcing parts from everywhere (and hence a little duplication).

For example I found Bill Morton @ RalliArt NZ's email in the WA thread and remembered Bennoz mentioning something about a water pump.

G

Unregistered
The crankshaft pulley & seal are not specifically required, but they have been known to fail. With the pulley, this is more likely to happen after being stressed during the removal/reinstallation process at this service. And especially so if you or your mechanic do not have the special tool needed for this job. Personally if you have no plans to sell your car for a few years I'd cough up the cash for the peace of mind.

G

Unregistered
There's definitely a price difference between MEEK's $120AUD aftermarket water pump (listed as such) compared to the $300NZD I am getting in from RalliArt NZ.

Everyone, thanks so far for chippin' in to get things started. First post edited :)

FWIW, the genuine pump specifies liquid gasket rather than the solid gasket that Meek's offering comes with.

Peter_D

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Pete
Drive
Cab Colt & Evo 6
Well Pete, I guess the initial idea is for servicing per state, but then again we seem to be sourcing parts from everywhere (and hence a little duplication).

Yeah I meant who and where you got the actual labour done. And I don't really mean Joe Bloggs backyard, as I don't know Joe and he isn't likely to do the servicing on my car etc.

Mel and I are looking for someone in the southeast of Brisbane to do Mel's car first then mine not long after, so far without much luck.

Oh yeah we sourced the parts for Mel's car from CAMSKIL in the UK.

G

Unregistered
Just contacted Bill and the reply for parts were:

Timing Belt $171
Timing belt tensioner pulley $43
Timing belt tensioner adjuster $138
Timing belt idler pulley $50
Water pump $300
Alternator belt $24
Power steering belt $50
Thermostat $24

All prices in $NZD.

Bennoz mentioned that you can source parts for the 6A13TT from his FTO turbo conversion here:

Did these all turn out to be genuine Mitsubishi items, with correct corresponding part numbers?

G

Unregistered
K & C Auto
Blackburn (VIC)

They had the car for about 2 days.
They pulled everything apart and replaced what needed to be replaced.
I will dig up the list of parts replaced later.
They sourced the parts.

Cost $1200 from memory

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
Booked in for Thursday 4th March with TechSport.

Spoke to Zac and emails from Jeff too. Should be good to go!

Jimmy_EC5W

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
James
Drive
1998 Pearl White Legnum, Atlas Grey VN SS
So what's the average price for the 100,000k service now? Mines just done over 80 but only motoroil has been changed since it's import.

I'm still deciding between chasers and techsport.

Top Bottom