• Total voters

Skurfer

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Chris
Drive
EZTONV
Hi Guys

Was thinking about organising a twisties cruise for the Leggies and Galants in Victoria. It will basically take abuot 6 or 7 hours or so when you take into account a stop for lunch and fuel and things like that.

Basically we will start at the Caltex on Diamond Creek road, head to Kinglake, then Healsville and then on to Marysville for lunch. Then on to Warburton and then back to Healsville for a top up of fuel and a drink at the Shell servo there. then back to the Caltex servo for the finish of the cruise.

I suppose the best part of the cruise is you never really take the same road twice in the day, just a couple of little parts here and there, plus that you are rarely driving straight for the whole day.

I did the route in google maps for you guys to look at.
http://tiny.cc/Leggycruise

It has to be on either a Sunday or a Monday, and guessing that most of you are working Monday to Friday, it would make sense to have it on the Sunday. Only downside to that is that there will be a lot of motorbikes and 4WDs towing caravans out that way, which means a few cops will be out as well. Monday would be the better day to have it as we would have all the roads to ourselves.

As per any cruise, bring the UHFs and cameras.

So what do you think. Was thinking either Sunday 14th Dec, or Monday the 15th.

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
Sounds like a fun day, but I think you'll be hard pressed to find enough people during the silly season. Perhaps postpone it until Jan/Feb?

Scottie

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Scott
Drive
1999 Type S Legnum
You might get a few ppl for the Sunday.

There might be a few of people fitting their X3 coolers on that weekend but they might be done and want a cruise.

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
Chris, sounds like an awesome idea mate. May be a bit close to "silly season" for me as well :(

So I take it the orders for the x3motorsport FMICs are on their way? Sweet!

Skurfer

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Chris
Drive
EZTONV
Yeah i was thinking that it is a busy time at the moment. If i dont get anyone, i will go on my own on the Monday just for a drive and will scope it all out as a bit of a reccy run, and postpone it into the new year when more people are available and finances have settled down a little.

So yeah, this one will still be on regardless, with the offer there for anyone else that wants to tag along for a good old drive.

snickells

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Anon
Drive
Car
SOrry, way to busy now. Next year I'll be in for sure as this is a great run with a group.

G

Unregistered
King lake is an awesome run, I am out for that weekend, but maybe another one in Jan/Feb is looking popular :)

Might motivate me to get some new rims and tires too :p

G

Unregistered
Awesome idea!! KINGLAKE is awesome fun to drive through!! i've done 2 runs through there with the rs liberty club and several runs up there with mates. great corners, a few short straights and plenty of fun! I'm working that weekend so prob in the new year would be great!!

Good work for starting the thread too!!

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
Proves to show that anyone can kick things off.

Haven't these roads in the area been resurfaced recently too?

Skurfer

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Chris
Drive
EZTONV
Most of the roads have been redone recently. Some parts of Kinglake to St Andrews road were redone about a year ago. Definatly remember that as i was riding that road with a mate and came around a corner and it was only gravel. He went off the cliff and i managed to keep it on the road just. He broke both his legs.

Chum Creek road is always good, as is the Black Spur. Reefton is not too bad. Road was swept finally after the road work on the top section of it a while ago. Other roads are just the usual country back roads. Pretty good really.

Well looks like i will definatly keep this one on the backburner for next year. Good to see that heaps of people are keen. Will set a date after new years with a heap of notice so people can get organised.

Top Bottom