[VIC] Yarra Valley Twisties Cruise - Sunday 21st June

Skurfer

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Chris
Drive
EZTONV
Hi Guys

Well i managed to find a little time tonight to do up the map and start to make some plans for the day. I thought the quicker i get something up, there more chance we have of getting a few cars to this one.

Well first up, here is the route.
[gmap]<iframe width="1000" height="425" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="http://maps.google.com.au/maps?f=d&amp;source=s_d&amp;saddr=-37.678716,+145.123558&amp;daddr=Kangaroo+Ground+St+Andrews+Rd+to:Heidelberg+Kinglake+Rd+to:Heidelberg+Kinglake+Rd+to:Chum+Creek+Rd+to:Healesville+Kinglake+Rd+to:Maroondah+Hwy+to:Maroondah+Hwy+to:St+Leonards+Rd+to:Unknown+street+to:Myers+Creek+Rd+to:Melba+Hwy+to:Melba+Hwy+to:Eltham+Yarra+Glen+Rd+to:-37.679232,145.123665&amp;hl=en&amp;geocode=FYQRwf0d5mimCA%3BFbCBwf0dYBeoCA%3BFVxAwv0dR7CoCA%3BFWxIw_0dirmpCA%3BFTg_wv0div2rCA%3BFX6Bwf0dQB-sCA%3BFWp7wf0dtnysCA%3BFabQwv0drIOuCA%3BFXOJwf0dNoOsCA%3BFfLewf0dqoSsCA%3BFdUZw_0d0OarCA%3BFYdiw_0dRuSqCA%3BFVB4wf0dXkSqCA%3BFfrswP0diNanCA%3B&amp;mra=mi&amp;mrcr=11&amp;mrsp=14&amp;sz=16&amp;via=1,8&amp;sll=-37.679694,145.130832&amp;sspn=0.009731,0.022573&amp;ie=UTF8&amp;ll=-37.608792,145.359421&amp;spn=0.231183,0.686646&amp;z=11&amp;output=embed"></iframe><br /><small><a href="http://maps.google.com.au/maps?f=d&amp;source=embed&amp;saddr=-37.678716,+145.123558&amp;daddr=Kangaroo+Ground+St+Andrews+Rd+to:Heidelberg+Kinglake+Rd+to:Heidelberg+Kinglake+Rd+to:Chum+Creek+Rd+to:Healesville+Kinglake+Rd+to:Maroondah+Hwy+to:Maroondah+Hwy+to:St+Leonards+Rd+to:Unknown+street+to:Myers+Creek+Rd+to:Melba+Hwy+to:Melba+Hwy+to:Eltham+Yarra+Glen+Rd+to:-37.679232,145.123665&amp;hl=en&amp;geocode=FYQRwf0d5mimCA%3BFbCBwf0dYBeoCA%3BFVxAwv0dR7CoCA%3BFWxIw_0dirmpCA%3BFTg_wv0div2rCA%3BFX6Bwf0dQB-sCA%3BFWp7wf0dtnysCA%3BFabQwv0drIOuCA%3BFXOJwf0dNoOsCA%3BFfLewf0dqoSsCA%3BFdUZw_0d0OarCA%3BFYdiw_0dRuSqCA%3BFVB4wf0dXkSqCA%3BFfrswP0diNanCA%3B&amp;mra=mi&amp;mrcr=11&amp;mrsp=14&amp;sz=16&amp;via=1,8&amp;sll=-37.679694,145.130832&amp;sspn=0.009731,0.022573&amp;ie=UTF8&amp;ll=-37.608792,145.359421&amp;spn=0.231183,0.686646&amp;z=11" style="color:#0000FF;text-align:left">View Larger Map</a></small>[/gmap]
Click this to open it in google maps...

The meet up spot will be the carpark just before the caltex servo on Diamond Creek road near the corner of Yan Yean road. Plenty of parking spaces there. I am thinking meet time will be about 10am for a 10:30 start.

Will do the first part of the cruise up to healsville and thinking that we can stop there for lunch in the park. BYO meat and softdrink and whatever you want to eat for lunch. Will pack up whenever we are ready for the second part of the cruise.

Will leave from there and go right up the black spur to Narbethong, regroup there at the side of the road, and do the whole thing again the other way. Regroup back in healesville in the park so we can head on the return part of the cruise.

Driving distance is around 200km so with stops should take the best part of 4 hours i reckon. Come with a full tank of fuel, or you can get it at the caltex. They have 98 ron fuel there. Probably the easiest way. Bring your uhf radios to chat on. Going to use channel ...[edited by BuzzPuppy, let's finalise frequency when we meet up] for the cruise.

So yeah, who is up for it. Hope we can get a few people along. Leave your name and i will keep a list updated here on the first post.

Confirmed:
1. Chris aka Skurfer
2. Gavin aka BuzzPuppy
3. Scott aka Scottie
4. Jason aka jmo
5. Chris aka montgomery
6. Derek aka Mookers
7. Chris aka cgunther
8. Joe aka joe
9. Gary aka gary31

Maybe:

Skurfer

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Chris
Drive
EZTONV
Well found a mistake in that one already. Can one of the mods change the title to [VIC] Yarra Valley Twisties Cruise - Sunday 21st June

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
You can actually double-click on the title (in the main forum list) and it'll open up an editor. I've done it for you already :)

Incidentally, count me in!

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
Ooh... I wanna come and even though it's on a "busy" weekend, I might (chance in hell?) be able to swing it. Will have to do some serious negotiating with the boss though...

snickells

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Anon
Drive
Car
Yea, I'd like to go, but I wont have a VR4 to drive! Who's gona let me ride shot-gun?

Scott/Chris - Buses anyone? lol

montgomery

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Chris
Drive
Mazda Familia GTR
You lazy arse , i say you and i sit in the back of Scotties car and consume , heavily.

kiwibstokes

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Bryan
Drive
2000 Legnum Type-S
I'd say i'll be a no for this go a big night the night before and don't believe i will be in a shape to drive, maybe i could continue on into sunday in scotts car too, with spew bag

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
34 minutes. It was a spirited drive through weekend traffic ;)

Promise I'll be punctual this time!

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
Plastic pants? Tarp? No unauthorised bodily functions in my car, thanks.

Top Bottom