Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Luke
Drive
Legnum & scrotary
Stuck on who to vote for?

Check this mob out: http://www.australianmotoringenthusiastparty.org.au/

They don't sound too bad.

Now, politics is a touchy subject. This wasn't meant to be a poop-flinging contest, or me telling you who to vote for, just a highlight of a party that might have visions similar to our attitudes.
If you have your preferences sorted, then good on you! :)

<crawls back into bushes to continue lurking>

BFun

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ben
Drive
'99 Legnum VR-4 Type-S
My girlfriend is actually going to vote for them lol. She doesn't like either major party and stumbled upon the AMEP by accident. She likes their policies even though she wouldn't necessarily think of herself as a hardcore motoring enthusiast.

mcs

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
1997 Galant VR-4
Problem is you have to go through that massive Senate ballot paper and number them all or something.

dwarfmarine

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Cameron
Drive
Previous: Black PFL Legnum
Current: TD5 Land Rover Disco
1 above the line for AMEP

or 1-110 below the line (AMEP, sex party, shooters fishers, pirate party, legalise hemp, Fred Nile, followed by Labor and liberal last in no particular order)

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
1 above the line on the right hand side for the AMEP :) If you're thinking they won't get in anyway, don't waste your vote, be counted and show AMEP support, at the very least it shows community backlash to anti car enthusiast legislation.

pretzil

2 AYC Bars
First Name
Rick
Drive
Legnum VR4
I love that theres the 'shooters and fishers' and the 'fishers and lifestyle' parties taking votes from each other, i wonder if they have a preferences agreement or if they hate each other.

I'll probably be voting for the AMEP, my cousin is the chairman after all.

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
They put Family First way too high up on their preferences for my liking. Sorry but I value social justice more than I value the enjoyment of driving my Legnum. True story.

pretzil

2 AYC Bars
First Name
Rick
Drive
Legnum VR4
How high is too high though?
In the QLD senate preferences they have FF about middle, in SA they are just past a quarter of the way down but ironically just below the sex party. There are a shitload of parties to get through and they all have to go somewhere.

Besides, what does it really matter in the end?

Jonson

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Jon
Drive
MY15 X MR
Remember, our voting system is preferential, if your candidate doesn't get in the vote goes to the next person/party. So in reality AMEP won't come to 'power' but your next preferences will count....

dwarfmarine

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Cameron
Drive
But if they get enough votes, they will get a seat within the senate so they can voice an opinion directly to those who make the rules..

Itchy Scrot

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Luke
Drive
Legnum & scrotary
They put Family First way too high up on their preferences for my liking. Sorry but I value social justice more than I value the enjoyment of driving my Legnum. True story.

Eww, Family First, really. They just lost my vote.
Cool! Its your vote after all :cool:

Remember, our voting system is preferential, if your candidate doesn't get in the vote goes to the next person/party. So in reality AMEP won't come to 'power' but your next preferences will count....
Yup, and that's what I don't like. They aren't revealing who they put first; Labor or Liberal. However, they are putting radicals last, Greens 2nd last, then the major parties, so really its a win becuase if they get a seat, its one less for the Greens hahaha! :p

pretzil

2 AYC Bars
First Name
Rick
Drive
Legnum VR4
I went to vote today and there was an AMEP guy handing out fliers, he had his bright yellow Lotus Elise set up as a campaign car, I was just wondering if anyone saw other AMEP campaigners with cars at the voting office?

Would have been entertaining to see police show up to defect one of them...

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
Nope no one at where I voted, though the Labor bloke was having a nice argument with the Liberal & some other guy about legalising same sex marriage...

There were at it as I walked in, & still going as I was going back to my car.
I do like the special feeling being the only person there on the roll with this particular surname :)

parepin

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andy
Drive
4G93 Mirage
#HairdresserCivic
I saw an AMEP rep and a heavily modified beige BF Falcon at my local polling booth, was good to see some folks on the ground

rockit

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Robert
Drive
2000 Legnum
Nope no one at where I voted, though the Labor bloke was having a nice argument with the Liberal & some other guy about legalising same sex marriage...

There were at it as I walked in, & still going as I was going back to my car.
I do like the special feeling being the only person there on the roll with this particular surname :)

there was someone in my electorate with the same name as me (first, middle and surname), they had to do to address to work out the right one to cross off -.- and also someone with the same name as my brother ..

I didn't see anyone from the AMEP at mine, but my brother made a comment about the motoring enthusiast party while i was filling in the ballot sheet, he thought it must have been set up by shannons!

Rabit

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Robert
Drive
2000 Legnum Mint with 44589ks when I got it. Now with black leather seats. After 3 years of fun some terminal engine bay wiring issues raised their ugly heads and it died. I Now drive a 2002 Legnum and have retired the 2000 to spare parts duty.
I voted for the AMEP in the senate. Lets hope they can achieve a quota and get someone in the senate who is of a like mind to us petrol heads.

dwarfmarine

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Cameron
Drive
Doesn't look like the Hawkesbury(Macquarie electorate) supports motoring eenthusiasts.
i was a polling assistant(crossing names off/counting) and out of 2700 odd votes,
there was only 26 for the AMEP.

mind you, that's only only polling location out of 20 or so for the electorate.
i have a feeling there's going to be very strong Support from Qld electorates

Top Bottom