VR4-Friendly Workshop Discussion

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
^It's not actually that common in auto's as its dearer (and harder) to incorporate, BUT it definately is a smart feature for regulating speed down hills.

If the car is jerking violently, then I suggest you have your transmission serviced. There will always be the initial hesitation, but if its violent then its not right. How long since the trans was serviced, and what colour is your trans fluid?

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
all invecs auto's do this. Some other brands may as well, I'm not sure. Check the oil as well as Lee said.

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
Reading through this thread, I've found mention of three workshops here in Melbourne:

Techsport - Bayswater
K & C Automotive - Blackburn
Officer Smith - North Melbourne

Has anybody had their AYC flushed and serviced in Melbourne? Will one of these shops be able to do it? Has anybody tried a Mitsubishi dealer that services EVOs with AYC?

qball

1 AYC Bar
First Name
David
Drive
1999 White Legnum Type S Cold Spec with Recaros+Sunroof
I've just taken my car to Meek Automotive and they are great. Great service and price, they are also really keen to get after market parts for the car. I'll be going back!!

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
Nobody has an answer to this? :(

Reading through this thread, I've found mention of three workshops here in Melbourne:

Techsport - Bayswater
K & C Automotive - Blackburn
Officer Smith - North Melbourne

Has anybody had their AYC flushed and serviced in Melbourne? Will one of these shops be able to do it? Has anybody tried a Mitsubishi dealer that services EVOs with AYC?

G

Unregistered
Sorry Derek

I went to K&C for my service and they were great. Good prices too, but didn't get my AYC flushed out so can't comment about that.

Nick

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Nick
Drive
Aristo
Sorry Derek

I went to K&C for my service and they were great. Good prices too, but didn't get my AYC flushed out so can't comment about that.

How did you get onto K&C Paul, was it from me, or did you already know them?

Nick

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
I may have to take Loki in to K&C so they can assess the car and anything my untrained eye could possibly miss.

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
Nobody has an answer to this? :(

I asked Kings Mitsubishi in Ballarat about an AYC service and they quoted "$300-400 at least" about 3.2 seconds before I walked briskly from their showroom, stopping only momentarily to admire the Evo X near the door. :ROFLMAO:

I will probably make the trek to TechSport when it comes time to do mine. Approx $165 yeah? I saw that somewhere.

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
I will probably make the trek to TechSport when it comes time to do mine. Approx $165 yeah? I saw that somewhere.

That would have been me, probably :)

I posted about it but I didn't update this thread. TechSport were good. No problems at all.

anphoto

Crunching Gears
First Name
Alan
Drive
1998 Legnum Super VR-4 in Red :D
The guys at Performance Import Centre in Coffs Harbour have been great - this is where i bought the car from too -

Speak to Tony on 02 6652 7766
Performance Import Centre
10 Lawson Crescent
Coffs Harbour
NSW

Tony is actually a partner in Import Auto Centre
3/21 Premier Circuit
Kawana QLD 4701
Ph: 07 5493 4794

Who are also recommended here.

Hope this helps the select few in the mid-north coast area, beats driving down to Sydney ;)

dimi_108

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dimi
Drive
NSX/Magna/M5
Meek Automotive are awesome. They actually spend time with you talking and giving you options on upgrades and ideas on your car. They know what they are doing, and they're pricing is very fair.
Will be going back again. Certainly feel like the car is in safe hands when it's there and they let you walk around the workshop too.

G

Unregistered
Has no one got anything good to say about RPW in Perth - were not on the list :(

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
Has no one got anything good to say about RPW in Perth - were not on the list :(

I'm probably opening up a big can of worms here. Not naming names but the (very few) things I have heard about RPW are not encouraging. I am still eager to get the downpipes though.

I am hoping that someone will report good things soon, however, because you seem to be quite eager to investigate and learn about the VR-4s, and then provide us with nifty go-fast bits.

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
I would've thought that went without saying?! All the R&D you guys have done, and your numerous threads are testiment enough I would've thought, but Agreed that Lee or Trav should add you to the "list"

Top Bottom