Medindie Gardens
08 8269 7769

dimi_108

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dimi
Drive
NSX/Magna/M5
Lee, could you remove MRT from the official list. They aren't a very good workshop and don't have much idea on our cars.
There have been other complaints by members as well.

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
Yes, so have I.
Many people saying that prices are over the top.

This is a hard call, however this is the VR-4 Friendly List not necessarily the Wallet Friendly List :D

As Hotwire points out, I think Dave's efforts developing parts and participating in this forum earns him a place on the list.

cheers

Lee

dimi_108

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dimi
Drive
NSX/Magna/M5
Sorry about that, it's just what i heard. I shouldn't have said anything because I haven't dealt with RPW yet. And it's not going to stop me from dealing with RPW in the future.

G

Unregistered
No worries there Dimi - one of the problems for us has been a lot of personal issues with some members of another club who shall remain nameless lol and also as we develop stuff that wasn't previosly available, it starts off expensive and then starts to drop on pricing as it becomes more readily available.

The issues we have had do occasionally spill over to other forums, but thankfully without core groups of people fanning the flames all the time, we find that people are happy with what we can provide. On this time will tell.

We try to do the best we can on pricing, but short of spending every hour researcing every price every day, its very hard to do. Most people don't realise that when they order products on our website, if there is a price change for the cheaper (or dearer occasionally) then we advise the customer before they pay.

Either way - we shall keep trying to do our best and move from there.

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
Has MADHAV said nothing??

I rang MEEK when i thought my head gasket had blown, gave them a list of all the things i wanted for the rebuild, that was over 3 weeks ago- provided my home and mobile number... haven't heard a thing. Pretty piss poor. I won't be using them

G

Unregistered
Just booked in a minor service and AYC change with Tech Sport, I'll let you know how it goes :)

G

Unregistered
yeah defs second the boys at techsport... its where mine has been every service... and its a little closer to home. :)

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
I took my car here, because it was local and they knew about the car and were rather helpful and friendly :)

They also had other imports and performance JDM style cars and stuff sitting outside and in the parking area and such.. Had awesome cars up on the hoist and everything, they have suppliers for importing parts, etc etc.. So they definitely know what they're doing :)

Apparently the Skyline boys are happy with them too (was recommended by a GTR driver)

NSW

Pro Concept
http://www.proconcept.com.au
Phone: +612 9807 4488
Address: 1a Mellor St., West Ryde, NSW, 2114

-Edit-
Oh yeah, they also sat me down in their office and explained everything on the invoice and helped explain other things I didn't understand.. :) As well as giving me a log book to start off here in Australia with (as the car didnt have one :( ).. They used Motul oils too :)

G

Unregistered
Got my car back from Techsport. Have to say I like their work, they really explained what they did and the tax invoice actually has a detailed breakdown. None of this 'yeah we fixed everything, flat rate' smoke & mirrors service.

I had the red AYC light on since my last service, so the guys checked it out. Was spitting the following error codes:
-Code 41 - TPS open -> was correct
-Code 33 - ST N Sensor -> sensor plate was damaged, sensor & plate replaced

If anyones interested, here's the breakdown:

Service, change engine oil and filter, check AYC function, top up fluids, check AYC fluids, check throttle position sensor, check and replace steering sensor, repair align striker plate: 3.25 hours @ 68.18 = $221.59

Engine oil, filter, transfer oil, parking light globes = $89.32
Steering Position Sensor = $82.73

Total: $433.00

Worth it if it means my problem-free drive continues being so :)

G

Unregistered
They're good aren't they, Gareth?
Chris and the boys treat you more like a mate than a customer there. That's why i keep going back.

yeh mate, ill send everyone there. heaps good

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
Has MADHAV said nothing??

I rang MEEK when i thought my head gasket had blown, gave them a list of all the things i wanted for the rebuild, that was over 3 weeks ago- provided my home and mobile number... haven't heard a thing. Pretty piss poor. I won't be using them

Try following them up mate. They are always seriously busy every day & always have cars waiting outside for them to work. The only time I see them stop is when they're eating, & even then they're on the net looking up stuff or talking EVOs etc...

You'll NEVER get an email reply to them. Even when I ring to book I don't get them either. I get the lady there. I used to be able to say "I'm booking the white Legnum in again" & they would know who it was.
But haven't been there since I moved up to Newcastle, but they'll be doing my 200,000kms servicing.

Scuffman

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Tony
Drive
Black Legnum VR4 Series II, with Recaros, Momo Steering Wheel & OZ Sat Nav.
VR4 Mechanics in QLD

Just wanted to add a vote of confidence for Carmen Import & Auto Centre
Unit 2 / 260 Leitchs Road
Brendale
QLD 4500

We got our VR4 Legnum from them 2 weeks ago. I have as much confidence in them as my VR4 mechanic did back in NZ, & that was my "Precious"...that sadly I had to leave behind.

AND they also own & drive thier own VR4s.

But as with anything, if in doubt get several quotes.

Rasi

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mike
Drive
2001 Nissan Elgrand - Previously the "best" factory optioned 2000 Legnum (manual, suade recaros)hehe
G

Unregistered
QLD (never been but was reomended on Evoulutio Oz)

http://www.evolutionoz.net/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=6248&start=0

Neal Lowe Motorsports Pty Ltd
21 Brennan St
Slacks Creek, 4127
Brisbane
tel/fax: (07) 3808 3048
mob: 0419 727 623

Having previously been a fan of Neal Lowe, I refuse to go back there anymore. They obviously did not do the safety check on my brakes that they claimed, as the left front had completely seized up when I replaced them just recently. More, the pads were worn terribly and the rotors shot.

Funnily enough, I had an accident not long after that last service and my car slid to the right - coincidence? I think not.

Leigh

2000VR-4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jason
Drive
1988 Magna (Daily) 1975 GC Galant hardtop (W/End car) 1972 GS Galant hardtop, 1973 Galant GTO X-II, 1978 Galant (Scorpion) hardtop
Sounds like you have a case mate, worth looking into with legal consult

Top Bottom