WARNING- don't use BP on Main st, opposite the windsor

Buckas

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dan
Drive
97 manual legnum
dw this isnt another bitch about my gf's mum's x-type

the car was filled with petrol after being virtually empty at this BP. it made it to riverside drive before going into limp mode and was nursed back to claremont where it finally died just near house. we thought it was a computer problem and so did rac.

upon inspection at barbagallo, the fuel tank was full of water. samples have been taken, one kept at barbagallo, one with us and one to BP so dont fill up there atm.

she filled up on fri night i believe so maybe its all gone and killed lots of cars already, but just in case

mills_88

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Matt
Drive
Toyota Supra RZ - The Project
Holden Commodore SS VF Series 2 - The Daily
So what there was water in the fuel. Thats a bit f**ked. Should be able to get some kind of compensation if damage was caused right?

Buckas

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dan
Drive
97 manual legnum
hopefully. barbagallo is fixing it. we only sent it there cause it was under warranty and thought it was an ecu problem or something. bp has launched an investigation and in the meantime we have to pay for the repair. barbagallo will also provide a report so hopefully all should be ok.

the car took 70 bucks worth of petrol so hopefully thats enough to prove that it was their petrol and not half of someone elses

mills_88

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Matt
Drive
Yeah, i wish you luck. Which that x-type seems to need lol

mills_88

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Matt
Drive
Maybe, off topic but hows your repair job going?

G

Unregistered
Formally a worker for a service station, this is a very touchy situation. Because Barbagallo was able to prove that there was water in the fuel, you will need to prove that the water actually came from the BP where you filled. If there are other people who have suffered the same thing as you from that service station, then all them customers then have to seek the management from the BP to have them check that the staff checked this during each checking of the DIPS. I know at the Caltex where I used to work, we checked for water in our tanks both morning in and night everyday. Usually the E10 produces more condensation than other fuels because of the Ethanol. If the BP at which you filled up at accepts there was water in the tanks, than they are liable to pay for any damages that may have occured to your car. But in saying this, it will still be a difficult matter to prove. If you could take the sample to BP and show them that there is water in their fuel, they will send that sample away to be tested. Just be sure you're prepared for the...."There is no water in a our tanks"......because they hate being wrong. I hope this helps.

Esoteric

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ryan
Drive
2001 Galant VR-4
It must be a pretty crusty petrol station to not have a FAFNIR probe or similar installed.

This is an electronic measurement system which measures tank volume (petrol) and also how much water it contains. If the water/petrol ratio rises above a certain threshold an alarm will activate and someone at the station will be notified via their console (cash register).

There will *always* be a certain amount of water in the tanks which usually isn't a lot but if there is an underground leak or something from a pipe, then without electronic measurement they generally won't know until it is too late.

Buckas

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dan
Drive
97 manual legnum
yeh we know its not going to be fully smooth sailing. the BP in question is a major servo just aftger the freeway off ramp and is usually pretty busy.

i just drove past it this morning after dropping her at work and all the relevant fuel pumps were shut off with out of order tags on them

unfortunately she's only just managed to find a new job and her tax return went to the last barbagallo robbery so shes ready to pursue it and try and get whatever she can back.
she was talking about getting a new car this morning so the mondeo can stop giving us troubles

Buckas

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dan
Drive
97 manual legnum
Maybe, off topic but hows your repair job going?

the taillight has been sitting in my room for like 2 weeks. unfortunately im flat out at uni atm, i was going to just bolt the bumper back on cause it doesnt look too bad but i had to strip the whole boot interior and i cbf doing it all again and i know id just put it back on and never get round to it.

im still driving my grandparents patrol so theres no real rush to get the car back on the road. ill take the bumper to the bumper shop on thurs and see if it can get fixed.

on another note my tax return just came in, together with centrelink being kind enough to give me 950. so it'll be new o2 sensor (sick of the overfuelling) and a haltech when the car is all back together :D shes gonna be treated gooood when ive got the time

Buckas

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dan
Drive
97 manual legnum
ok, the fuel in question. oh deary me :eek:hmy:

and dont think that the darker bit down the bottom is just a reflection of the bench, thats the colour that section was

Attachments

• P1010885.JPG
    P1010885.JPG
    65.5 KB · Views: 49

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
1/19 2002 FL Legnum Type 'S' Manual in Black with Suede Recaro's!
Dude, why would you have a pic of your pee in a bottle? Oh wait what, that's fuel?!!!

Top Bottom