what 3" catback systems are avaliable for legnums?

SU8TLE

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ryan
Drive
VY SS M6
out of interest ive been trying to find a 3" catback system from the big performance manufacturers like HKS, Apexi, Greddy etc and i cant find a bloody thing! so the big performance houses make much for legnums? i did find a HKS blow off valve for legnum/galant by accident but thats about it.

Dr_Josh001

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Josh
Drive
96 Galant VR-4 Auto
You won't find much by the way of big brand stuff for the VR4. RPW in Perth will be selling 3" catbacks along with dual dump pipe systems to go. He'll be your best bet ATM.

G

Unregistered
There are a few bolt-on kits around ..

Fujitsubo - Legalis R, Legalis R Type Evolution and Super Legalis R
Kakimoto - R
Blitz - Realize TT
HKS - Super Drager

Check out this and this thread on ClubVR4 for peoples opinion on these kits.

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
I have a HKS super dragger and it sounds cool. A bit loud (with a 3" cat) but I'll get a silencer to go in the tip to keep the wife happy :)

I'm not sure if they sell them new anymore - mine was brought off EBay.

cheers

Lee

G

Unregistered
I have a HKS super dragger and it sounds cool. A bit loud (with a 3" cat) but I'll get a silencer to go in the tip to keep the wife happy :)

I'm not sure if they sell them new anymore - mine was brought off EBay.

cheers

Lee

Hi Lee, how much did that set you back and did this give you any more performance at all?
Cheers, Peter

G

Unregistered
i've got a 3" Fujitsubo Legalis R Type Evolution on mine
not much louder than the factory ralliart exhaust i had at idle/lower revs, but if you put your boot into it, it gives it a nice rumbly growl higher up.

G

Unregistered
I hear the Fujisubo exhausts with silencers are fairly quiet and non-intrusive and provide a decent power gain

G

Unregistered
having a silencer would make it quiet as! mine has no silencer, and gives it a nice subtle note normal driving (in fact, i'd be happy if it were a bit louder...)

definately a power gain though, you get a lot more torque low down, and my 1/4 mile went from 14.2 to 13.76 JUST from adding the exhaust.

G

Unregistered
i have the Fujitsubo Super Legalis R...

i love it, best $200nz i ever spent :p...

Click Me

SU8TLE

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ryan
Drive
VY SS M6
so is the HKS item a full 3" catback? or just the super drager muffler, then you have to get the rest of the exhaust done custom?

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
Hi Lee, how much did that set you back and did this give you any more performance at all?
Cheers, Peter

It was $450 plus I spent $200 on a 3" magna flow cat and then $70 to fit it all (cat needed flanges welded on).

The HKS system is cat back (with one hot dog resonator). Along with a high flow cat, it made a big difference in performance IMHO but we will see when I get back to the 1/4 mile. It is quite loud so I'm looking at getting a silencer for the tip to keep the wife happy :)

cheers

Lee

SU8TLE

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ryan
Drive
VY SS M6
It was $450 plus I spent $200 on a 3" magna flow cat and then $70 to fit it all (cat needed flanges welded on).

The HKS system is cat back (with one hot dog resonator). Along with a high flow cat, it made a big difference in performance IMHO but we will see when I get back to the 1/4 mile. It is quite loud so I'm looking at getting a silencer for the tip to keep the wife happy :)

cheers

Lee

do you have any pics of the HKS exhaust sticking out the back?

G

Unregistered
Quite honestly these are a very very easy car to do a 3" system on. I recommend either using Magna flow or Lukey muffler and resonators and you will have an excellent sounding system and can be made by any reputable exhaust firm. If your in Perth, we can do it locally

G

Unregistered
i have the Fujitsubo Super Legalis R...

i love it, best $200nz i ever spent :p...

How much angle is there at the rear of the pipe? I've heard pretty decent things about this exhaust but I don't like that Jap Drift style muffler look, and the picture on the Fujitsubo link makes it look to be quite a bit, though the one on your profile gallery on clubvr4 doesn't look as much as that one

G

Unregistered
Esemte ... just look at Mitch's exhaust thats the Legalis right ?

G

Unregistered
How much angle is there at the rear of the pipe? I've heard pretty decent things about this exhaust but I don't like that Jap Drift style muffler look, and the picture on the Fujitsubo link makes it look to be quite a bit, though the one on your profile gallery on clubvr4 doesn't look as much as that one

not much of an angle 15degrees maybe.

it just looks alot because of the large long muffler

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
do you have any pics of the HKS exhaust sticking out the back?

Here's the same system on Paul's (VR-04-TT) car:

IMG_0845_1600x1200.jpg

The tip looks a lot like the factory one just bigger - it' not a 'cannon' style one.

On my Legnum (pre-facelift) I don't think it even sticks out that far...

cheers

Lee

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
the one I had to let go.. damn it i want it back!! lol

Lee, do you think the cat made that sound rather than the muffler?

Top Bottom