Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
the red galant in question is actually from Philippines :p

ill go and see that in April, maybe steal some crap out of it..

*edit*

you guys referring to this one?

[Image not found]

VR4STHOZ

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
shane
Drive
1999 Legnum Type-S
Worked out to be 1.44mm so absolutely stuff all.. but more clearance on the back.

it's.simon

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
VR-4 Galant Type S
I dunno, Varsstoen, Rota and XXR take "inspiration" from certain Japanese wheels but they are their own standing company with quality controls and standards like JWL etc. Whereas blatant copies I would steer clear of, cause they're probably actual knock off china spec wheels. Does that make sense? :/

"The Vehicle Inspection Association of Japan (VIA) independently tests wheels for JWL or JWL-T compliance. Wheels that have been tested will bear the VIA mark in addition to the JWL mark."

It appears they have VIA on the boxes....however its doubtful it's true? Who knows.

VR4STHOZ

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
shane
Drive
1999 Legnum Type-S
Think they are Taiwan wheels... not sure but lifetime warranty on them..

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
What I don't like is that it looks like a exact copy of a forged wheel. Sidestepping the conterfeit argurment, from safety veiw point: Have they added in extra thickness or reinforcement to compensate for the fact they have cast them? Cause a cast wheel with the exact dimensions of a forged wheel may be very weak and fail. Rota made this mistake years ago with the slipstream wheel / rega master copy

steveP

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Steve
Drive
VR4 Galant
And there's the moral argument that they are stealing ideas/designs/IP.

VR4STHOZ

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
shane
Drive
1999 Legnum Type-S
Im thinking of steering away from the copies..but lack of good bronze rims in adelaide that arent stupidly priced is a bit shit.
Found some weds in vic for 1100 with good tyres.. just waiting on the guy to let me know

G

Unregistered
Really quick question.

Running a 18x10.5" wheel, what would be the best sized tyre to use in terms of cost and also fitment? 265/35's are cheap but too much stretch, and both 275 &285/35 are expensive. What about 285/30?

Confused.

it's.simon

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
VR-4 Galant Type S
What about those sizes but 40 profile? Will make the stretch less drastic and ride quality won't be as harsh.

G

Unregistered
40 would be too thick in terms of inner/strut/arm clearance and outer guard clearance... Correct me if I'm wrong though, but 10.5 +15 will be pushing the limit of fitment without decent guard work.

steveP

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Steve
Drive
VR4 Galant
Checking the numbers, a 265/35 would be best to keep the rolling diametre close to stock. But a 265/40 would also work as it isn't too much larger. The problem you're going to have is the sheer width of the wheel. Anything higher than +15 in offset will hit the inner suspension arms; so you have to go +15. But that means the rims would going to be out the guards by a long way. I'm talking 3.5 cms further out than where mine sit. So you will either have to leave the suspension at stock height and make the car look like an off-roader or run -5 degrees of camber minimum. But then with that much camber I think you're going to hit the suspension. It's a catch 22 where you're not going to win. Unless you chop the wheel arches out totally and go wide body.

ABHE.jpg

ABHo.jpg

G

Unregistered
You do realise that this is for my GTR yeah? I know it's the VR4 thread but was asking you guys, as since i've sold my vr4's and not been in the wheel game, ive lost my touch a bit haha.

Top Bottom