What Rims for your VR4 - the "do they look pretty" thread

steveP

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Steve
Drive
VR4 Galant
Oh, lol. Yeah, well then ignore everything I said. When someone asks about wheels fitting it's 99.9% for a VR4.

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
I think I have been browsing Gumtree way too much.

18" x 8.5" +35, fitted with 225/40/R18 tyres. And the wheels are in the pic (cheap and cheerful Advanti). Now with a Silver Super...

Attachments

• Screenshot (11).jpg
    Screenshot (11).jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 189
G

Unregistered
How would 16x8" +20mm fit/look on a car that has 14x5" +45 as stock?

Car is not lowered, but most likely will be, so answers to be both (once lowered, and stock) would be GREAT! :D

steveP

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Steve
Drive
VR4 Galant
Will be incredibly Mexican at stock height. May tuck in enough depending how much you lower it.

steveP

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Steve
Drive
VR4 Galant
Yeah that would be pretty much spot on. I'm assuming it's a chick's car like a Lancer?

G

Unregistered
Suspension arms yes, but you will also need to trim the wheel arch flares and roll the guards for them to fit.

I had 9.5" +35 on my FL Galant before i went back to 9" +30 as the 9.5" wouldn't clear Brembos :( but i needed camber, decent amount of low (coilovers on lowest setting) and had to cut/trim the inside of the wheel arch flares and roll the guards.

Edit: I think I had 225/45/18 tyres on the 9.5" as well, but can't be certain, was a while ago now.

there's pics in here somewhere of what 9.5" +35's look like (mine)
http://ozvr4.com/forums/showthread.php?9342-Nissy-s-VR4-Take-2&highlight=Nissy

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
I think there's pics of lachies legnum with 9.5+30 / 225's In the offset thread

The_Giefster

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ryan
Drive
Evo 5 + Motorbike
Cheers for that guys. That may be a bit too aggressive for daily use, I may just stay with a 18x8.5 +36 with a 225/40 tyre.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

deanb90

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Dean
Drive
99 Galant VR4 Type S
Will I need to have gaurd work done to fit evo 8 wheels with 235/45? It is lowered about 40mm and has gaurd flares

Xoxide

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Reece
Drive
'98 Legnum
They look similar to Advan AVS 7 (But could be abit different but very close)

Here's a link:
http://www.advanwheels.com.au/wheels/wheel.aspx?id=18

Cheers, they look pretty similar.

I'm still very undecided with the direction and fitment I want to take.
The dolphin kit hangs extremely low, meaning riding at stock height I'm matching similar clearance to someone with a bit of low already.
I've been thinking about BBS LM style rims but I'm afraid I won't be able to fill the guards well enough to pull it off as I can't go as low... there's also the possibility of aesthetics clashing as the Dolphin kit is more on the aggressive styling end of the scale.

Thoughts?
I figure either large diameter multi-spoked design that reaches to the outside lip of the rim, low profile rubber in an attempt to fill the guards, or a slightly smaller more aggressive design (TE37, DNAs etc) with more tyre profile.

steveP

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Steve
Drive
VR4 Galant
I think you should see if someone wants to swap your kit for the stock bumpers/skirts. Then you can go proper low with decent sized wheels.

Top Bottom