what tyres for the vr4

dato1200

Crunching Gears
First Name
dan
Drive
datsun 1200 2001 legnum vr4 type S
hey peopkle

i have just bought a wheel and tyre pakage for my legnum i bought advanti super lights 18inch wheels and the tyre are austyre which im not to impressed with what are some better options for tyres what have people been happy with

dato1200

Crunching Gears
First Name
dan
Drive
datsun 1200 2001 legnum vr4 type S
yeah they are 7.5 and im running 235/40/18

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
Rim too narrow, tyre too wide. That's how they do cheap deals I guess.

Run no wider than a 225 on that rim.

mallen

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Matt
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
Has anyone come across any good tyre deals lately? I have some evo 7 rims 17" by 8" (not sure of the correct tyre size though, feel free to answer that if anyone knows...)

mallen

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Matt
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
Will I need to get new wheel nuts, or will the originals fit the new evo rims?

G

Unregistered
If you original wheel nuts have a flat seat then they should be fine. Definitely NOT recommended to use the tapered nuts with standard Evo rims

Madhav

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Madhav
Drive
96 S2 RZ Supra with 500whp
I also need tyres, have been searching like mad all over the net, seems 18" low profile tyres are damn expensive!! 2nd hand is near impossible, and after seeing the reviews of brands like triangle, yellow sea and fullrun, it seems impossible to find a decent tye under $200!!

Anyone know any good deals?

I need 235/40/18 for the front and 245-255/35/18 on the back.

G

Unregistered
I certainly wont be putting cheap tyres on your car Madhav, especially with that amount of power. Check out the guys in the link I posted above, they will be able to get the sizes you want, but I've got no idea on pricing.

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
Stephen is right about the wheel nuts. Use the original stock flat wheel nuts with EVO wheels.

Madhav - I'd go for 225/40/18 and 255/35/18 as these are very close in rolling radius. I wouldn't go with 235/40 at the front and 245/35 or 255/35 at the rear.

steveP

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Steve
Drive
VR4 Galant
I also need tyres, have been searching like mad all over the net, seems 18" low profile tyres are damn expensive!! 2nd hand is near impossible, and after seeing the reviews of brands like triangle, yellow sea and fullrun, it seems impossible to find a decent tye under $200!!

Anyone know any good deals?

I need 235/40/18 for the front and 245-255/35/18 on the back.

first of all, the benefit of 18" rims is u dont need to go ultra low profile licorice strap spec.

u should be going a 40 profile regardless, and worry more about tyre width. unless the tyre is > 255, then go a 35 profile.

$200 a tyre is about right for a decent tyre. u can get el cheapo's for $150 each, so i duno what ur complaining about..

Madhav

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Madhav
Drive
The el cheapo $150 triangle brands literally start to peel of your rim, so yeah.... no thanks.

You see the plan was from the beginning to get a wheel and tyre pack for under $1000, I guess I didn't budget on spending $800 on tyres. After I get the rims powdercoated and repaired, thats like $600 (still not bad for starcorps) and it only leaves $400...

My post was more focused on if anyone found any amazing postworthy deals like stephen did, $680 for a set of khumos seems pretty decent, although I suspect the price for 18's plus postage would add another $500 at least.

harry

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Harry
Drive
Patrol, Sil80, Legnum VR4 TypeS
try http://www.option1garage.com.au/NewTyres.htm a set of 235/45*17 KU36 will cost $656 from them + freight. I just bought my KU36 from them. they're a great tyre

I don't know exactly what the freight wil cost from Bris to Perth, but I recently bought a set of Toyo R888 tyres for my track car from Sydney and freight to Bris was $60 for the set.

Madhav

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Madhav
Drive
Thanks harry, yeah those KU36 get good reviews, I might speak to some drifting guys I know and ask them for something local.

steveP

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Steve
Drive
VR4 Galant
u could always go 2nd hand. i got some bridgestone potenza's for $150 for a set of 4. lasted 3 months. so was happy with that.

Top Bottom