what tyres for the vr4

Madhav

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Madhav
Drive
96 S2 RZ Supra with 500whp
I don't know...

I just found a deal on duro tyres, 235/40/18 $500 fitted for 4...

Can also get 225/40 for the fronts, 245/40 for the rears, similar price, just the damn 255/35 that is near on impossible to source cheap.

Guess I'll just have to make a decision.

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
Lol you'd have no chance fitting 255s under the guards!

Whatever tyres you choose, you're going to be a pioneer running stagger on a VR4. Might not cause a problem, might lead to a WTB post in a few months. It'll be interesting.

Madhav

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Madhav
Drive
Hmm... I'll speak to the tyre dude and see what he recommends, he has sold a lot of tyres so should be pretty knowlegable. 225 and 245 may be the cheapest staggered option.

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
There have been quite a few people running different sized tyres front and rear. I think both Naughtika and Candee ran 205/55/16 F and 215/55/16 R for a year or two with no problems.

Madhav

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Madhav
Drive
Good to hear! I'll definitely do it then and try to stick as close to a similar front and rear rolling radius as my budget allows possible.

Ps if anyone else is confused like me about all this rolling radius stuff, just use this link, it explains it all and then has a java script RR calculator for you.

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
There have been quite a few people running different sized tyres front and rear. I think both Naughtika and Candee ran 205/55/16 F and 215/55/16 R for a year or two with no problems.

Brad, I had 205/55r16 at the front and 225/50r16 rears and actually after 1 year of using it.. the AYC kept disabling itself..

maybe because I was loosing more treads at the rear than the front.. I kept slipping on it.. specially in the wet...

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
can't remember.. but i know the rears were yokohama and F & R had different tread patterns too..

Madhav

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Madhav
Drive
I ended up scoring a set of 4 second hand 235/40's for $240 with 75% tread, so it's gonna look a little strange with the rears being stretched, but will still work.

mallen

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Matt
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
anyone got a set of Falken 912's? I've been quoted 188 per tyre fitted and balanced. What do you think?

mallen

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Matt
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
So er, has anyone had these falken tyres before? :)

Madhav

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Madhav
Drive
I haven't, but do a google, someone on some other forum must have asked the same question and someone else must have run them?

mallen

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Matt
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
Yeah I did that, and they say they're good... But it was an American forum full of Americans...

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
225/50/16 is the only size for the facelift wheels. Any wider will perform like crap. In fact running 205/55/16 on the stock facelift wheels is something that quite a few people do and the car handles more precisely with those tyres.

bratwurst_boy

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
daniel
Drive
98 legnum type s, jzza70 supra
well i have 205/55/16's on now but they are shit compliance tyres so much road noise. i'm looking at getting some federals or Kumho's depending whats the cheapest

Hank Scorpio

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Lachlan
Drive
Mazda JC Cosmo, Mazda FC3C RX7 Convertible
Glad you wen with the Hankooks. Kumho's are good but Federal's are just ok IMO... in the dry.

Top Bottom