what tyres for the vr4

bratwurst_boy

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
daniel
Drive
98 legnum type s, jzza70 supra
well i got the car back today gotta love mechanics that work on sundays :) anyway i haven't been able to test the hankook's as yet, just been driving around town. i have noticed they are heaps quieter then the old tyres. going for a good drive in a few days to test then out a bit better :) and they were good on the back pocket i got them for $125 each fitted, so i'm really happy. the mechanic also said that they were the easiest tyres he's ever had to balance, only using about 20g total for all 4.

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
I had Bridgestone Turanzas fitted in April & the fronts are already balding !!! :cursing:

Going back to BF Goodrich G-Sport Max.

mills_88

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Matt
Drive
Toyota Supra RZ - The Project
Holden Commodore SS VF Series 2 - The Daily
Anyone got first hand experience with kumho ku36 tires. Thinking about getting some as they seem like good value and good quality at the same time. Mainly worried about wear seeing as they are avertised as a semi slick tire, however i saw somewhere that this is just Kumho's dodgy advertising and that they are actually a road/track tire with a semi slick pattern.

Any info much appreciated.

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
I'm pretty sure I'm going to run Kumho Ecsta XS on the front of the Sil. Glowing recommendations from the Primal Garage boys, who have run them on the street and have also done extensive time attack and drift work with them. Seem very cheap for what they are.

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
Running 205/55/16 at the front and 225/50/16 at the rear is fine. They are very close to overall rolling radius.

Rasi

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mike
Drive
2001 Nissan Elgrand - Previously the "best" factory optioned 2000 Legnum (manual, suade recaros)hehe
Just put on Kuhmo KU31's for $140 per wheel fitted and balanced. They are brilliant compared to the compliance tyres. When I head to the track next I will have a better idea of their performance. I don't think you can get better for the price.

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
Anyone with an opinon on/knowledge of the Firenza ST-03?

Considering buying 6 in 225/40 R18. A set for the Galant and a pair for the rear of the Sil!

Rex Everything

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andrew
Drive
1997 Legnum
Just put on Kuhmo KU31's for $140 per wheel fitted and balanced. They are brilliant compared to the compliance tyres. When I head to the track next I will have a better idea of their performance. I don't think you can get better for the price.

$140 from where?

I just got quoted $196 for KU31's and $215 for KU36's in 225/40/18

Also 155 for Federal 595s.

Just wondering about the difference in life between the 31's and 36's, is the performance that much better to warrant the money for shorter life?

Top Bottom