What's it worth (realistically)?

Murph

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Justin
Drive
Legnum/4WD TD Hilux/260Z
They might be 'crazy cheap', but they're a Stagea dude???? Why would you? Bleuck lol...
They don't handle anywhere near as good as these cars.
I need the extra space and want something a bit newer. Doesn't need to handle as well.....that's what the toy car will be for. :D

The legnum has certainly been a brilliant compromise car for a time when I couldn't justify having a toy car anymore, so needed something modern, practical and reliable with the mod cons, yet still awesome fun to drive. They really are one of those cars the just get better and better the harder you push them, very very capable. Realistically I just don't get the opportunity to drive it hard these days....hence why I'm not so concerned about replacing it with something that isn't as much fun. Mind you, I haven't driven an M35 yet....I might hate it and decide to keep the legnum.....who knows.

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
PM Dimi, he did the Legnum->M35 Stagea route but quickly changed.

Was this the Legnum that dynoed at some crazily low figure? Your name rings a bell...

Murph

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Justin
Drive
Legnum/4WD TD Hilux/260Z
Nah never been on the dyno. It's a pretty healthy example, for its mods. Not long after I bought it I ran a 14.2 with a soft 3k rpm launch and nothing more than an EBC set at 11 psi. Would comfortably run in the high 13s with the same soft launch as is.

Whole idea is pretty much on hold for the moment. There's a good opportunity on a property that's come up, so need the $$ ready in the bank for now. Will see what Dimi thought though. Cheers man.

-T8-

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tate
Drive
WRX CSE5, 7g galant
The M35 is the one with the turbo VQ engine isnt it...
As far as i know, no one in NSW tunes these properly yet, not sure about QLD.. the earlier model has the RB in it which is much easier on parts, price, tune, ability to fix etc.
but the M35 is far nicer in terms of looks and all that... just more food for thought :)

happymatch

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
jono
Drive
Maza Astina 323, Merc C Kompressor
I sold mine very cheap because it needed a 100k service. cant tell you how much but it was 97 auto (auto down factor) and was under 8g's

I have been looking in to leggies again and yes, "i bought the filler and all that to sand down my astina so i can paint it matt black but have not started yet, damm.....", once in a while, i still want to buy it again.

If i start a new job then i need a wagon so i can convince my wife but thats another story that will not come true for a long long time..

If i buy one, and i know it is hard to find, but i want white pearl s2 with flashable ecu, leather manual sunroof and coilovers.

realistaclly, i would not spend more than 12k unless it is in VERY GOOD condition with WOW mods..

marc.r

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
marc
Drive
purple legnum
There are some seriously amazing condition series 1s for sale now and they prob wont get much more then 10k. I think you will have to be happy with about the same. A year or 2 ago the situation would be different and some dealers are still asking 15k for these cars but regardless of value to the owner market dictates the prices these change at. That being said for buyers these are ridiculously good car for the dollar especially with the low km that some our getting arround on.

Oh and FYI. I looked at M35 Stageas but the girlfriend liked the look of leggies and they are just better value imo. Legnums are a sports car wagon. Stagea is a wagon with a turbo, more volvo v70 then evo lancer.

Murph

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Justin
Drive
Legnum/4WD TD Hilux/260Z
From what I've seen lately I'd agree.....$10 max is realistic. At that price might as well hang onto it a few more years......besides no more buying cars for me for a while......seeing as I just bought this.... :D
IMG_7171.jpg

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
:O :O :O

Agree - do want! Got any more info? original or restored? any mods (hope not, love these with factory SU's etC)

Murph

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Justin
Drive
Legnum/4WD TD Hilux/260Z
Thanks guys! This the third zed I've owned. Sold the last one not long after I bought the legnum (needed to happen), but have been wanting another ever since. Finally caved in!

This one is pretty original, but in quite good condition, immaculate interior and has some choice mods (suspension, LSD, twin pot brakes up front, discs rear, 240Z carbs).
Pretty happy! :)

Murph

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Justin
Drive
Legnum/4WD TD Hilux/260Z
Haha! I still haven't worked out yet whether can afford = should buy. On the upside, it isn't going down in value...and it will be a hell of a lot of fun!
It's weird driving a head turning car again after three years in the legnum (quite anonymous to anyone other than other import owners). The number of people that stop and stare, hang out their windows giving the thumbs up or complete randoms coming up for a chat is crazy! Good fun!

Top Bottom