which sub/s and amps are we running?

happymatch

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
jono
Drive
Maza Astina 323, Merc C Kompressor
just wondering who's got which sub.

I have two pioneer subs ready to be installed with oldschool alpine mono.

how about others?

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
I use alpine type-s subs and a rockford fosgate mono to run them....

I have (not installed yet) alpine type-x splits and a clarion 4 channel to run them with and an aerpro 2 farad cap as well.

HU is also apline

happymatch

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
jono
Drive
Dawso, do you have any spot in mind for capacitors? i am thinking stealth. by the way, its gonna sound good when you install them. so jealous.

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
The RF mono is under the drivers seat in REBOOT.... Subs in a custom box. I don't really know about stealth installs with the cap though.... Nowhere to hide it really because of its size and shape lol....

The whole system will end up in one car but i haven't decided which yet. Its a good couple of days of installing to do it properly though :(. I'm not looking forward to it haha

Always remember, its not how big it is, its how you install it ;)

Even entry level gear can sound magnificent if its installed properly :)

And you can't be jealous! You have an old school Apline mono! Those older ones were AWESOME amps, just big in size haha

matchtheclown

Time p33nt
First Name
hugh
Drive
99 VR-4 Type S Man
A mate gave me a schnider amp and a boxed kicker comp 12" sub in a kicker box.

Works pretty well. I'm only running the sub off 1 bridge output... and it drives plenty.

I have a cheap 12" sony exlol which i'm building into the tyre well. I'll run it off the schnider amp which i will also stealth install and i'll have the kicker box to throw in if I need to be fully sick.

G

Unregistered
got my old faithful pioneer 305c in my leggy.. had it for a good 5 years now, still good!
running off a coustic 600s 2 channel amp.

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
running JL Audio 500/1 to power up the 12w6v2 in a custom made box with perspex, i've had both for about 5 years now.. and still going strong..

planning on replacing the sub and replace it with 8w7 :D or maybe 10w7 have a bandpass setup this time rather than sealed... and still use the 500/1

for the 4 speakers.. running alpine v12 MRV-340 or something like that..

Kenneth

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Kenneth
Drive
1999 Galant VR-4
I am using the OEM Mitsubishi sub and amp. Feck knows what they are rated at, probably nothing. Still gives ok bass though.

Sydo

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andy
Drive
Me Crazy
My Cadence amp and sub have been sitting on the lounge room floor since I bought the car still waiting for the install. :(

G

Unregistered
im usin a Digital designs 9915 sub and a digital designs M3 mono

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
I'm running an old Blaupunkt Casablanca head unit (single CD ftw lol) with Clarion front splits, Kenwood 2-ways in the rear doors, a Kenwood 10" flat sub in a custom box, and a Kenwood mono amp on the sub.

Sorry I don't remember all the model number details. They're not super expensive components though, I'm not gonna win any contests - just enough to get decent sound.

CANDEE

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jeremy
Drive
1998 Galant VR4
I have a Fusion FP-600D monoblock powering a DLS ir10i(iridium 10") sub goin in this month.

Used to run a Power Acoustik 2-channel, RE SR12 combo in the old car...

J

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
You know who the SPL monsters are.... They all run bloody Digital Design gear lol

If i didn't buy a second Legnum i'd almost spend that sort of cash on that gear :drool:

happymatch

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
jono
Drive
running JL Audio 500/1 to power up the 12w6v2 in a custom made box with perspex, i've had both for about 5 years now.. and still going strong..

planning on replacing the sub and replace it with 8w7 :D or maybe 10w7 have a bandpass setup this time rather than sealed... and still use the 500/1

for the 4 speakers.. running alpine v12 MRV-340 or something like that..

oh my gooood. you almost have my dream amp. 1/1000 my dream, 1/500 is still bloody awsome. Band bass might have a disadvantages if you are listening to all around music i guess.

G

Unregistered
You know who the SPL monsters are.... They all run bloody Digital Design gear lol

If i didn't buy a second Legnum i'd almost spend that sort of cash on that gear :drool:

LOL yeah. i still cant work out a decent way to stop the rear view mirror rattle

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
LOL yeah. i still cant work out a decent way to stop the rear view mirror rattle

I have a torn off piece of a cigarette packet in mine lol.... Works wonders :)

If you look at the design, you'll see there is a small gap at the top where it slots into place, just jam it in there and trim off the excess

I haven't worked out how to stop the roof flex or side mirrors rattling yet.... Or the front bar :(

Top Bottom