whiny noise with the revs

G

Unregistered
Hi guys just wondering as usuallyyou can get a whiny noise from the amps if the earthing is not grea.
I a getting a strong whiny noise and it gets bigger when theclimte control is turned on so just wondering if anyone knows where I may have an earthing problem.
Its not coming from the speakers so I dont think its related to my stereo.
Any feed backwould be great as I thinkits comingfrom the alternator or air con.
Cheers guys.

matchtheclown

Time p33nt
First Name
hugh
Drive
99 VR-4 Type S Man
If the whiny noise isn't from the speakers it's mechanical right?

If your worried about an earthing problem then the whine would be through the speakers. It sounds like what happens when you run the battery+ next to the RCA cables to your amp to me.

I get a similar small amount of whine when my radio is on static and it increases when I turn on the climate control. Sorry this isn't more helpful.

matchtheclown

Time p33nt
First Name
hugh
Drive
99 VR-4 Type S Man
Yeah I was going to say I get a bit of whine when the turbo's spool sometimes... but it isn't effected by the volume / aircon.

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
Check your belts and engine fan's for noise.... Aircon works the fans harder so that'd be my guess

Apart from that i don't know lol

G

Unregistered
I will be doing the belts in the next few days as well as the clutch and injectors so I will pay more attention to the noise then.
I dont think its stereo related as it doesnt come through the speakers.
I think it may be a earth issue with the fans or the climate control unit.
Will get the installer to look at it soon but if anyone else got any ideas please let me know.
Its not the turbos, they dont whine they whistle while they work, la la laa la la.

Top Bottom