why are we selling our vr4s?

Poita

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Peter
Drive
Legnum
If you want performance then an Evo is always the go but when you become an old bastard like me with children e.t.c life in general becomes a compromise, including practability of your car. Sadly to reflect these days for example I generally feel too embarrassed/childish to do clutch dumps from the lights how I loved to do in my Evo back in the day (late 90's). The VR4 is nice and subtle too and great bang for your buck as mentionned above. Maybee when I retire I might go full circle back to an Evo...

Same except the kids aren't here just yet.
If I sell it will be to buy a 4WD for the family holidays and space.

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
Exactly. I think they are nearly the ultimate in comprimising everything together into a car, without taking out a mortgage to afford it.

An Evo is what, a good $10k more than these cars? Then you're spending all the extra money on top of that for mods...

If my Super actually sold, I'd just get something smaller, as I've got the work car to haul big loads now instead. The main reason mine is for sale is strictly financial.

Madhav

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Madhav
Drive
96 S2 RZ Supra with 500whp
I sold mine because I wanted to satisfy a big hp power bug without the need to upgrade anything like the drivetrain, engine internals etc... and when looking around I found the supra to be ridiculously easy to extract big hp for relatively low $$, also the availability of bolt on kits from the USA is awesome. Basically pick your desired hp level and you're away.

In retrospect after owning the supra for a while the leggies definitely are a lot more practical, comfortable and attract a lot less attention from both cops and bogans. They are fun to drive also. The build quality of the toyota is superior in my opinion, however the legnums are priced very well.

I look forward to the results of the turbo upgrades that are coming about which could bring the VR4s up to a new level.

it's.simon

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
VR-4 Galant Type S
No matter how much I tell myself, I just don't love my Galant as much as my first car which was a 180SX...sure the Galant is torquey and quick, but it's just not as nimble and agile. I love being able to hang out the rear a little in the hills, just can't do that in this car. One day I will just give in and buy another Silvia, but it's just hard to justify because they're just so much older and usually more haggard.

Deep down I will always believe FR > 4WD, not for outright performance. Just pure enjoyment. That's probably the only reason I'd sell up, to buy another Silvia. (Not at the growing up sensbile big car stage yet lol)

Requested

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Joshua
Drive
1996 Toyota Soarer GT-L vvti x2, Legnum S2
I agree my mr2 is soo much more fun then my stroked evo!

I wanna sell my leggy coz I want a manual!

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
No matter how much I tell myself, I just don't love my Galant as much as my first car which was a 180SX...sure the Galant is torquey and quick, but it's just not as nimble and agile. I love being able to hang out the rear a little in the hills, just can't do that in this car. One day I will just give in and buy another Silvia, but it's just hard to justify because they're just so much older and usually more haggard.

Deep down I will always believe FR > 4WD, not for outright performance. Just pure enjoyment. That's probably the only reason I'd sell up, to buy another Silvia. (Not at the growing up sensbile big car stage yet lol)

I like this guy.

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
After the Audi, if I don't go big V8 I might step back in to a Galant VR4, and do all the mods I never did before!!

Dice

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
DiceR
Drive
Galant VR-4 2xT25bb
Nissan Cube
After the Audi, if I don't go big V8 I might step back in to a Galant VR4, and do all the mods I never did before!!

You did have an extensive list of mods, what was remaining other than turbos?

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
I was only selling mine to free up some debt. The poor girl wasn't getting driven as much as it should have been..... miss it like hell though.

Hankering for 1 more trip to Europe..... to include driving an M3 around the Nurburgring :)

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
Brad, my mate drove a Megane (I think?) around the Nurburgring. Said it was one of the best things he has done, but an M3. Now THAT would be absolutely incredible! If you can make it happen (he couldn't) then DO IT!! :D

Dice: Turbo(s), better intake stuff, lower it. Plus the usual expected tune, exhaust, boost, front mount, and any other bits and pieces that will be needed =]

I'd go absolutely all out on anything I could!

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
Yea Tom the Meganes are the standard car you can drive alone.
The M3 requires an instructor with you, but who cares? You are driving an M3 around the Nurburgring! :)

You can also do a hot lap with you in the passenger seat while track driver takes you around in a Porsche. Giggity!

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
Definitely a must do, and a must film if you go =]

Would looooooooooooooooooooooooooove to do that in an M3, I don't care how many people you have to have with you LOL

Top Bottom