Window Tint

VR4 WRC

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Scott
Drive
1999 Type S Legnum VR4
Hey,

I was just wondering if anyone new or could recommend somewhere to get the front windows match tinted to the rest of the car with the factory tint?

I called one place today and they are $80 per window for any tint. They said that the legal limit was 35% but with no responsibility could put on 20% to match the rears or install 5%. I thought 5% might be a bit harsh on the front's but you might be able to get away with the 20% officer. It must of all come like that. Have a close look at the back, just not too close on the front's.:ROFLMAO:

Thanks

Scott

G

Unregistered
I am going to get mine tinted next week... my mate got his *shudder* wrx tinted this week at tint-a-car. Apparently there is a sale on at the moment they do a sedan for $250 all round, darkest legal.

eddyvr4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Eddy
Drive
2001 Legnum Type S, 2007 Kawasaki ZX14
I got a 35% VLT roll in charcoal from supercheap auto 29.95 (3m long piece) but threw the packet out now, so i dont know the brand. it has a test section on the box, and matches really well on color, and is a bit lighter than the 20% on the rears, but looks perfectly acceptable, and improves the look of the car a lot, the blackout on the rear and nothing on the front looks shite.

But it is not a metallised film, and looking out through it with sunglasses, gives a minor discolouration, so im a bit ho hum about the quality, but price/match was right...

Also It is a pig of a job to do really neatly, My diy job looks fine to the casual observer, no bubbles etc , but i couldnt get it 100% along the edges, and its easy to put fine scratches on the inside of the film when rubbing it on.

for 30 bucks its the cheapest DIY improvement to the look of the car, excluding cleaning the damn thing. But in hindsight, if you have a tidy car, get it done professionally.. It is easy enough for them to strip off old tint on the fronts of course..

Ive done the drivers side, now i dont know whether to bother on the passenger side or abandon my cost cutting experiment now... I think ill just watch at the remaining roll of tint attract dust in the corner for a few more days...

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
I had 20% Metalised Film put on the 2 front window, and the rear tailgate window (my pre-facelift wasn't tinted) and the total cost was $165.

HOWEVER I also had an alarm fitted at the same time (multi-discipline workshop) which gave me discount on the tint. For fronts only, $60-70 per window seems reasonable, but not $80+

G

Unregistered
Have always and will always use trent at TKO tinting in Vic Park -

Our shop address is:
926 Albany Highway
East Victoria Park WA 6101
Mob: 0410 585 045

Let him know that Rhys sent you and will look after you

G

Unregistered
I've heard good things about Trent and his work... whats his prices like?

matchtheclown

Time p33nt
First Name
hugh
Drive
99 VR-4 Type S Man
I need to do this too. Is it illegal to tint the fronts in japan because of that law about getting a photo of the drivers face with a speed camera?

G

Unregistered
trent at TKO tinting in Vic Park -

noted, wouldnt mind having some custom tint done

off the street you will get quoted $80 a window, but its not a price im personally willing to pay.

ive paid 300 to get my old car completely tinted in 15% chrome office tint, so it doesnt make sense that 2 small windows should cost 1/2

i got mine done at sunguard myaree, they do a bit of contract work for custom places, and apparently they now have a really hot chick working there . . . just a thought

lol

matchtheclown

Time p33nt
First Name
hugh
Drive
99 VR-4 Type S Man
Got quoted $120 for two windows from

tint-a-car
unit 5, 16 waratah st.
kirrawee

I'm going to get mine done tomorrow I'll let you know how it goes.

Only $100 if I pay cash.

happymatch

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
jono
Drive
Maza Astina 323, Merc C Kompressor
I need to do this too. Is it illegal to tint the fronts in japan because of that law about getting a photo of the drivers face with a speed camera?

i know a good place at silverwater. my friends works and owns the place. did whole sedan for like $200 and they are good. i service my car there too (accept ayc). they are willing to do double tint which will make us really really dark on rear windows. for rear boot window, they do not cut the films. they have thier own technique that they do it in one piece. but it suonds that you have a better deal~

VR4 WRC

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Scott
Drive
1999 Type S Legnum VR4
Hey Rhys,

Thanks for that. We try and find time to give him a call. I remember that i told my insurance company to use him on my last car (black 92 Galant VR4) a few year's ago to correct the wrong tint that they put on there after a T-bone accident.
Do you work there or close by as well? Is he open on Sat's?

Thanks

Scott

matchtheclown

Time p33nt
First Name
hugh
Drive
99 VR-4 Type S Man
Doubt it jono. $200 for the whole car would be cheaper than $100 for the two front windows.

Whats deets of the place you know? I just looked the place I found up online.

G

Unregistered
Got mine booked for tint-a-car on Monday morn... price seems reasonable.

G

Unregistered
Hey Rhys,

Thanks for that. We try and find time to give him a call. I remember that i told my insurance company to use him on my last car (black 92 Galant VR4) a few year's ago to correct the wrong tint that they put on there after a T-bone accident.
Do you work there or close by as well? Is he open on Sat's?

Thanks

Scott

Nah i dont work there or close by, been mates with Trent for some years now and hes done about my last 10 cars, so would highly reccomend him to anybody and his prices are good too

leekscurlock

Crunching Gears
First Name
Lee
Drive
VR4 Legnum
Hey guys iv just had mine done (with 20 grade i think) the match up pretty much perfectly, the whole car looks so much better with the fronts done. I had mine done ant tint a car in myaree, on my break from work, so it was done in about 30 minutes while i waited o a wednesday afternoon at about 5 so they went out of their way to get it done for me there and then so i cant rate these guys highly enough and they were pretty good with prices , they wanted about 160 for both but they gave me a bit of a discount and did it straight away so i didnt complain about paying a liitle more, if anyone does get theirs done there then speak to the x-pat south african guy really nice bloke let them know that lee sent you, and he may give you abit discount.

matchtheclown

Time p33nt
First Name
hugh
Drive
99 VR-4 Type S Man
bloop-1.jpg

Tint-a-car as mentioned above at Kirrawee in Sydney.

$100 cash for 20% on both fronts.

It's still curing, which apparently means the bubbles on the passenger side will dissapear they told me. Anyhow if they don't i'll be back there very soon. Job is mint apart from that.

Match looks pretty good as well.

G

Unregistered
Hey Lee, Only just noticed your post. They mentioned when I was in there that they did a wagon version of my car recently. As you said only took em 30-45 mins.

Paid $295 for 5 windows... thinks that fairly alright.

G

Unregistered
Got tint ;)

n1068997062_30244472_6337.jpg

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Hey Lee, Only just noticed your post. They mentioned when I was in there that they did a wagon version of my car recently. As you said only took em 30-45 mins.

Paid $295 for 5 windows... thinks that fairly alright.
5 windows? What'd you have done on the other three? Just UV filter?

Requested

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Joshua
Drive
1996 Toyota Soarer GT-L vvti x2, Legnum S2
Any updates of good tint places in perth?

Top Bottom