wrx seats...

dr-25-lt

1000th Member!
First Name
michael
Drive
'98 white FL S2 legnum
hey guys.

i noticed how much everyone loves the recaros that come with the legnums and galants, however, i personally dont find them overly attractive...

with that in mind, i have a set of wrx seats, they are comfy, good looking, and readily available...

i have spoken to an engineer who thinks he can make these seats fit on our rails...

I was wondering if there was a general interest in a few guys doing this... if so, ill let the engineer keep a template so when anyone wants one he can quickly, easily and cheaply make them up for u guys...

Let me know ur thoughts boys and girls...

CLuTZ

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andre
Drive
C73A Lancer GSR, G6E Turbo MK2
Please.....leave the poobie bits off your car!!

What part of the Recaro seats do you not find appealing?

You do realise there are other models you can grab them from right....

47046116fulltj8.jpg

dr-25-lt

1000th Member!
First Name
michael
Drive
'98 white FL S2 legnum
im talking bout the recaros that come with the galants and legnums from the factory... the evo one look the goods, but cost u over $1k...
but my point is, the wrx seats are nice looking and for $400 - $500 you got 2 seats and rail adapters...

Just my 2 cents.

CLuTZ

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andre
Drive
C73A Lancer GSR, G6E Turbo MK2
There's a reason why Recaro's cost twice as much as WRX seats.......

Because they're twice as good! :LOL:

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
I agree that the stock Recaros look a bit rubbish, and while WRX seats do probably look a bit better I can't imagine getting much change out of $1,000 when you include engineered custom rails and they ain't worth that much!

As much as I hate to say it, if you're looking at a budget of around $400 for the seats themselves you'd be better off grabbing a pair of the Drift R34 GTR copies from Autobarn. $199 each and actually really comfy. If they didn't have the Drift branding on them I'd be seriously considering them for my car!

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
Also remember, after driving for 5 minutes the WRX seats become uncomfortable...... IMO anyways lol

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
drift brand seats hav gone up, they're like 499 a side :( i walked in with cash to buy a pair recently but promptly turned around

vr4cobra

1 AYC Bar
First Name
T-J
Drive
1996 Galant VR4
my last car was a gc8 wrx and the seat were awsome and cumfy as..... i liked them and i drive a hell of alot lol but if ur after doing long trips after 2 hours straight driving it does start to get a lil uncomfortable

Top Bottom