Xhaust done today

G

Unregistered
Hey guys

just off the back of the exhaust thread, as I mentioned I was gettin a 3inch cat back custom made with Magnaflow 3inch stainless cat and 3inch race muffler with two hotdogs...

I'll be picking it up tomorrow morning and will be sure to update this thread with how it went. I know some have had varying results..

Im hoping it holds a sweet note and was $1100 total. including fitting of RPW's dump n front labour yada yada...

Thanks Calven at Kleenflo Exhausts

G

Unregistered
Just remember its going to be really quiet at first, I know mine was.
Then a week or less of driving it will just change to a slightly louder tone once the cat and muffler have well kind of worn in you could say.

G

Unregistered
Yeah it takes a little while for the soot, or dusty black crap, whatever you want to call it, to line the piping which will change the noise slightly as described above.

Still, good on ya for going the custom/magnaflow system, you should really like it. I'm looking forward to the results.

jet150

Anyone thirsty?
Premium Member
First Name
Rob
Drive
VR4
Hey man, sounds like you got yourself a sweet system. Let us know what it sounds like and if you get that droning sound in the cabin.

My last car used to drone on the freeways and now im partially deaf.:ROFLMAO:

G

Unregistered
Hey guys

The exhaust is freakin sweet :)

Stoked with it... Has a nice deep tone and sweet sounding high range note.

This is only the first morning of driving... will take pictures of the work cuz he has done an amazing job... highly recommended

Will update members thread after a wash tomorrow. :)

G

Unregistered
haha i will... ill get under and take a few photos of how it all sits as best I can.. i just wish I had my wheels on it but alas... soon enough I guess...

frozen

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Josh
Drive
1990 Mitsubishi GTO
Formerly: 1996 Galant VR-4
take a video from in the car with the windows down going through a tunnel or even just somewhere with walls :D :D

G

Unregistered
just took my exhaust off . to just b4 the cat
my god it sounds mean !! why does it have to be illegal =.=

Buckas

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dan
Drive
97 manual legnum
i believe i have basically the same setup. magnaflow cat, muffler and 2 hotdogs. one big one after the cat and another smaller one right before the muffler. in my opinion the single resonator was too drony for me because i still wanted to be able to use the car for longer distance cruising so the second resi went in. can take pics if your still interested

frozen

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Josh
Drive
1990 Mitsubishi GTO
Formerly: 1996 Galant VR-4
resonators arent really a restriction at all are they? just a sound thing right? i mean afaik they are just a little bit of an enlarged section of piping?

Top Bottom