1/4 mile event at Adelaide International May 26th

eyecandy

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Adam
Drive
Evo VII GSR
Hey Guys,

I think I am keen on participating in this event for a bit of fun and just curious to see what times the fat wagon can pull.

Not sure on cost yet but for an entry form email racingonnpromo@yahoo.com.au

Would be good to see a few out there and supporting local drags to keep it going in Radelaide.

Cheers

EDIT- Price is $140 per vehicle plus a $20 day license if you dont hold an ANDRA one. I've never entered before so I dont know if this is expensive or not but this is actually a competition not just a street meet. Sounds like it is a pretty full on day.

twisted32

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Rob
Drive
2000 Type S Leggy (toy)
NW Pajero (daily)
Heard about this from another gear head at work.
Unfortunately I won't be home again...

formanth

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Anthony
Drive
2001 Legnum
I'd be up for this Adam! ( if only I was there :( ) the more VR4 owners there , the merrier, I reckon.
I wouldn't mind the chance to take mine down the 1/4, just to see how "the wagin" goes... more so 'cause it's been too damn long since Adelaideans could do that safely and legally.
Could be a good chance to let all that TME freed up, extra killawatt goodness run amok.

fieldy107

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Chris
Drive
Galant VR4
No test and tune nights down there?
$160 just to run a few 1/4 miles is a bit expensive, unless your a serious competitor. In qld there are nights where anyone with a helmet can show up, pay something like $20 and run as many times as they like

eyecandy

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Adam
Drive
Evo VII GSR
No test and tune nights down there?
$160 just to run a few 1/4 miles is a bit expensive, unless your a serious competitor. In qld there are nights where anyone with a helmet can show up, pay something like $20 and run as many times as they like

This is the first Adelaide 1/4 mile street event in 11 years, we are backwads in more ways than one lol :) I would pay that much just to drag "legally"

Poita

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Peter
Drive
Legnum
Gee I will would be keen to come and watch, can't drag with a stuffed clutch! Bout time Adelaide got it together!

eyecandy

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Adam
Drive
Evo VII GSR
Get it fixed Poita!

Trying to find out if I actually need a helmet and a fire extinguisher for our class (street)?

Going by the entry form I dont think I do but waiting on an email reply. The form is a bit confusing.

fieldy107

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Chris
Drive
Galant VR4
This is the first Adelaide 1/4 mile street event in 11 years, we are backwads in more ways than one lol :) I would pay that much just to drag "legally"
that sucks a bit. Hopefully this is a big success and they hold more events down there.

Poita

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Peter
Drive
Legnum
I really hope the cops a decent about it and don't sit out the front defecting everyone. Would be awesome if this could be encouraged by them as a legal alternative!

kymbo

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kym
Drive
98 Galant, S14A 200SX, GC Galant
From what i remember i believe you need a helmet for all drag events.

you can pick up a helmet and fire extinguisher these days for just $100 and its a good investment to have if you want to do any motorsport in the future.

eyecandy

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Adam
Drive
Evo VII GSR
From what i remember i believe you need a helmet for all drag events.

you can pick up a helmet and fire extinguisher these days for just $100 and its a good investment to have if you want to do any motorsport in the future.

Yep, definately need a helmet and long sleeve top and pants, but I think thats it. Dont think a fire extinguisher is required, but I could be wrong.

Sent my application forms today.

bogan bob

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Dion
Drive
'15 Amarok
Good to see you're keen Adam, have fun!!

alos, Anthony - did you end up making it to that event after all (judging by your avatar pic)

formanth

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Anthony
Drive
2001 Legnum
Dion- yes, chief, I did end up going there for a bit of a squirt...was a fun day out until my plastic radiator tank decided to burp and fart a thick crack.
All good now though . Photatoes of the machinery and some amateur video by some punk who owns a black VR-4 are in the video section, "Japan Legnum VR4 Track day".
Don't laugh too hard at my filming of fresh air ......sometimes lol

eyecandy

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Adam
Drive
Evo VII GSR
Good to see you got it fixed Anthony.

So no fire extinguisher required, just helmet and long sleeve shirt and pants. Pay my fees today and I'm all set. Have a feeling it will be a long day though... All depending whether I get in the finals or not which I doubt anyway, I dont know how it all works.

kymbo

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kym
Drive
98 Galant, S14A 200SX, GC Galant
Great to see you entered. Will definately try to come down and watch

Do you have any details of when it starts and entry prices etc.

eyecandy

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Adam
Drive
Evo VII GSR
Price is 160 including a day license, gates open at 5am racing starting at approx 9am, scrutineering finishing at 12, ill probably get there mid morning

eyecandy

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Adam
Drive
Evo VII GSR
Oh, not sure, crew members are 20 bucks so it should be around that

bogan bob

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Dion
Drive