2000 Galant at Gillman U-Pull-It

emako888

Crunching Gears
First Name
Eleanor
Drive
2005 Volvo XC90, 1991 Mitsu GTO, Kawasaki Ninja 650RL
Hi guys,

As seen on the SA Spotted Thread yesterday there is a black 2000 Galant down at Gillman UPI. (For us who didnt know that its been there for the last month) Car looks to have had a baaaad time, but there might be plenty of useful bits still on it. To save some of you the time and hassle of driving out there we thought we'd post some pictures of what we saw today so you can decide if it is worth the trip. Feel free to comment or message any questions you might have. This is current of when we went in at about lunch time, but people have been through since.

Bits that were there-
ECU
TCU
AYC computer in the back (with diff)
Stock suspension
All seats- Black velour?? Pretty good condition (Bottom part of back seat was sitting outside of the car but we chucked it in the boot to try and keep it clean for anyone who might want it)
All door trims there, though cant guarantee that the handle inserts etc were around (All 4 silver door handles there still on the doors)
Most engine parts still there. Some parts dented or cracked after collision.

All carbon fibre interior pieces are gone already, along with mirror switches etc.

Pretty sad sight to see but hopefully it helps some of you guys, like us, get the bits that you need.

Hope this helps! :)

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg
10.jpg

Unco_Tomato

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Matt
Drive
1996 White Manual Legnum w/ FL Kit
Damn, I'd be keen to get my hands on that rear diff if someone was willing to pull it out for me...

Out of interest what are the prices usually like at U Pull It?

uzz320

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Martin
Drive
99 Legnum
I bought the AYC pump assembly for $19, that should give you an idea :p

emako888

Crunching Gears
First Name
Eleanor
Drive
We bought the blower motor and some seatbelt bits for $18. We also asked how much the whole engine would be and were quoted $560, and the autotrans for around $220. Sadly they don't seem to have the price list on their website anymore.

uzz320

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Martin
Drive
99 Legnum
I would be a bit suss about the condition of the front head, especially given the size of the cracks in the valve cover and the fact that the turbo seems to have taken a fair portion of the impact.

rockit

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Robert
Drive
2000 Legnum
I would be a bit suss about the condition of the front head, especially given the size of the cracks in the valve cover and the fact that the turbo seems to have taken a fair portion of the impact.

what he said^^ plus the engine is sitting a decent way back from where it should be, the sump has fouled the drivers suspension mount points (theres a crushed spot on the sump) the rear turbo may have fouled the firewall too. definitely something at the back of the engine has crushed the steering rack

emako888

Crunching Gears
First Name
Eleanor
Drive
Oh, we weren't looking at the engine for use in our Leggy, ours is fine, it was more out of curiosity of price. Not saying anything on this car was perfect, just trying to give an idea before people drove out there (we live out South so it wasn't the shortest drive for us and thought to save people the hassle.) We have like a 100 or so pictures of bits so if anyone needed something in particular we might be able to help tell you if its there and what condition its in.

uzz320

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Martin
Drive
99 Legnum
Did you notice the ECU out of curiosity...

You would be the guy I was talking to there today right? You didn't look like an Eleanor :p

emako888

Crunching Gears
First Name
Eleanor
Drive
I was told that it was there... My job today was to remove the adjustable seatbelt contraption and to take as many pictures as possible. Why's that?

Hahaha that was my boyfriend Tim. I have a cold/flu/ebola-SARS-plague mutation and was in the leggy in the warm. Btw- very neat looking Legnum you have there!

uzz320

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Martin
Drive
99 Legnum
It had a very well hidden Hatech Interceptor. Haha, sounds lovely - would have been nice to meet you, probably not worth the certain death that would have resulted though :p Thankyou :)

uzz320

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Martin
Drive
99 Legnum
It was so cheap that I don't even want to say it. I must get around to picking that filter up from you BTW.

emako888

Crunching Gears
First Name
Eleanor
Drive
Oh yeah? Saw the stock one but not that, though wasnt really looking.

Haha likewise. Though yeah, probably best not to spread the death. :p

tim123

Idling at the Lights
First Name
T
Drive
None
PM me what you want to pay for the diff and ill let you know if i can get it.

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
can someone please get me the front and rear sway bars? pretty pretty please?

and post it to me :)

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
hey Robert, dont worry about it.. I've just sourced a set for my lancer :D sorry to waste your time

Unco_Tomato

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Matt
Drive
1996 White Manual Legnum w/ FL Kit
Thanks for the offer Rob, but I just agreed to buying an Evo 7 diff today from another gentleman.

I'd normally ask you to pull the diff and keep it in my garage as a spare, but given the amount of work that needs to go into my car over the next few weeks I probably shouldn't...

Top Bottom